Why does G@G have an ‘anon’ option? who ever became a better version of themselves by having 0 accountability. are anons mostly rude?

There are times where being anon is helpful if you don’t want to accidentally arouse, or give away too much about yourself, but let’s face it we don’t know each other anyway.. my real name isn’t even wittymilf😳

• Anons are mostly polite, shy gems
    Vote A
  • Anons are mostly... rude cowards
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I can think of a few reasons why people would go anon. One would be a woman who wanted to ask about a fetish that would attract unwanted attention. Another is if you had an experience that you don't want associated with your name as it might taint people's opinions of you, and as this is a community...

2|2
    0|0
    • I often use anon for the second reason you listed. I may not be linked much to my real self here, but I still have a GAG self which don't want associated with certain things.

• Show All
    • Sometimes I ask stupid af questions, sometimes smart , sometimes provocative.

• I’ve gone anon twice in my years on gag, generally to avoid dudes getting over thirsty, or if I’m being victimised by a specific gagger.

Most Helpful Girl

• And how do I ask the occasional pervy question or give advice of the sexual nature without a bunch dudes requesting to follow me.

1|3
    0|0
    • It works there! I go anon when I don’t want to arouse.

• Show All
    • @Shakazo do you get creepy guys requesting to follow you after asking or answering questions of that nature?
      😜

• xD lol. Hopefully not. Always anons for this kind of question x).

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• This environment still have identifiable information, so one does not feel completely anonymous. No, the anon option allows to share information that one would otherwise not share on this site. That's mostly what I use it for. I suggest you look up studies on what complete anonymity does and what happens when there's only a little but if identifying information, such as over here or on /pol/. That said, I disagree with both of your choices in the poll.

1|1
    0|0
    • I understand the bystander effect. I enjoy watching how people behave without an identity, I just do find that ‘rude’ gaggers seldom show themselves.

• Show All
    • I was talking more along the lines of Brewer's 1991 paper "The Social Self: On Being the Same and Different at the Same Time", or in this case a niche thereof, such as Lee's 2007 study "Deindividuation Effects on Group Polarization in Computer-Mediated Communication: The Role of Group Identification, Public-" Self-Awareness and Perceived Argument Quality ". While that specific one covers a somewhat different topic I am confident that it's findings also apply in some situations on this site, with the main difference being that here a share of the anonymous users use it specifically for malicious purposes.

• I’ll read that later, I’m in a shallow fun mood atm. :) thanks for input however.

• I like it because it encourages sheepish people to post their true feelings if they feel ashamed about them.

What I find stupid though, is we're already anonymous on the internet. Worst case scenario, someone recognizes my face, hates what I say, and flays me alive in their basement. But that's not gonna happen, because nobody pays attention to me in real life to recognize me on the internet.

1|1
    0|0
  • Everyone has and must have the right to privacy and privacy protection.

1|0
    0|0
  • Come on, WM - where would the trolls be, without Anon to hide behind?

1|0
    0|0
    • Well, they could just hide behind there persona though 🤷‍♀️

• Yes... true... but since when has logic ever played a part in what they do, lol?

I can see there's a reason for it, on the Sexual Behaviour topic. I know girls get their inboxes filled by people they don't want to hear from if they don't use anon.

But elsewhere on the site, it's unnecessary and abused. The most innocent questions and answers are given as anon. I don't get it either.

• It has its place, it’s just frustrating that not can’t block an anon.. maybe that’s all that needs to change?

• Hello dear @wittymilf ,
    I guess those are shy people, even though they are not using their real names, they are still using an account, and maybe providing sensitive information, or just because that person does not want anyone in this community or friends in G@G to know he shared such information and opinion.
    For instance, a guy who only helps others and does not want people in this community to know he needs help regarding the same subjects he is helping others with.
    Honestly, some anonymous "Questions Posters" have contacted me and revealed their account, to thank me for the support, understanding and help. Of course I have no right telling others, I have to respect them :-)
    You have anonymous rude people, as well as non anonymous rude people my dear ;-)

2|1
    0|0
  • I haven't made a lot of friends because I don't sugar coat shit, If your eyes read a mighty morsel, and you can't swallow that piece of info, you should masticate for a few minutes, then reply. I don't do anonymous at all, I don't like cowards, you should stand up for what you believe or sit down and keep quiet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oohh I'm anon ohhh
    What you gon DOOOO
    nothing cuz I'm anon biiiiiiaaatch

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree I never reply to anons, lol and my name is not weaverman lol

1|0
    0|0
  • So people can be asshat fucktards andhave to accountable for it

1|0
    0|0
  • Anon uses just take advantage of it, feeling safe behind their computer screen when bitter, bashiah on people here

1|0
    0|0
  • 2nd option. The 'mostly' is still important though.. gotta make sure that its clear that we're not generalizing. Its just most of em..

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are shy !! or don't want to disclose their identity.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anon is useful when you want to ask something you normally wouldn't and be judged.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fifty fifty mix of nice people that want to anon and then those that just want to be weird and plain rude crude and bizarre.

0|0
    0|0
  • So people don't see your rude or evil side, even if you're not like that most of the time !! haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Rude or girls telling dirty stuff about themselves but are embarrassed

0|0
    0|0
  • We need another option. Anon is great for when you don't want to get shit on directly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anons are like a little dog... all bark no bite.

Even the bark is annoying...

No substance

0|0
    0|0
  • People can curse and make monster easily on that way

0|0
    0|0
  • Snobs can be cowardly jerks, or they can just be asking very personal or embarrassing questions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your name isn't wittymilf 😲 my whole world is a lie. I think most use anon to troll unfortunately

0|0
    0|0
  • Because anon is a useful option.

2|0
    0|1
  • I think they are cowardly

1|0
    0|0
  • Ehh, whatever float's people boat

1|0
    0|0
  • great suggestion, do away with anon option

1|0
    0|2

0|1
    0|0

0|1
    0|0
  • Anons are invariably the agressive ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I go anon so I won’t get shit for some strong opinions. It is pretty cowardly but some of us are afraid of the responses from others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending the subject i prefer post as anon. I am kind but i prefer avoid strange people. xD. No worries if i anon just right now. People are more relax if anons. Some of them too much relax and are mean and it is easy to do a fake account whatever the anon option, so delete this option is not a protection from non responsible. The most people ask question as anon so... Answering as anon it avoid that a girl think the guy is flirting for example. Just a personal opinion. If we reveal personal things better to mask. Because if not, anyone following your profile can make your profile. A way to protect ourself.

2|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 7

• Excellent q...
    I see and agree with your point here, but there are some (a minority for SURE) who use it to get insight into Qs which they're ashamed and/or embarrassed by... so they use that feature on here.
    I believe it's created for that purpose, but the fact that the feature is mostly used by stupid, ignorant internet trolls is another thing all together...

1|1
    0|0
  • I myself use the anon feature most often, sometimes the topic is very personal or for some reason I'm very shy about even people not knowing who I really am. If that makes sense...

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the subject - some are just shy or embarrassed, some are just trying to cause trouble and are cowards. Away with the anon option I say!

2|0
    0|0
  • So you can give a honest answer without fear of harassment or being judged or people knowing secrets about your personal life.
    I mean I know I'm pretty open on here, but not every girl probably wants people to know how much sex they have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like having the anon feature because if I’m answering a question which is really personal, I can answer honestly without fear of being judged

0|0
    0|0
  • I (almost) never allow anon opinions on my questions. The cons vasty outweigh the potential pros.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe that people who want to be rude become anon. They can still be rude without hidimg themselves. In the end nobody know who they are. There is just a username. ..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes