Should I and others be more serious on GaG?

I dunno if it's at all noticeable but I sometimes write questions and answers slightly jokingly and/or satirically. Is this a good or a bad thing? Should it change?

How about other people? Should people here on GaG be super serious about theor questions and answers or is some (or a lot of) levityShould I and others be more serious on GaG?

111

Most Helpful Girl

• Be serious if the question is serious, otherwise no one is gonna take u or ur questions seriously

Most Helpful Guys

• No, the questions on here are mostly retarded and mundane. We need you to act the way you do, so things don't get boring.

• I think it depends on the person giving the answer.
    I try to incorporate a bit of humor into my answers when I can. It depends on the how the question is presented and how I interpret it.
    If it's a highly sensitive topic that I believe is somewhat embarrassing I try to add humor in a non-attacking manner. Like a girl asking about her boyfriend not going down on her (actual question). I made the comment of him possibly being "orally challenged."
    I do try to be as helpful as possible. I would want someone to do the same for me. I don't want to insult someone. I also don't want someone to think I'm some kind of creeper.

Unless I believe it's called for, I try not to be super serious.