Do you think GAG should trash the "How do I look?" category?

I understand the positive aspect of it, but at the same time it kinda makes me sad how there's a lot of people I've come across that are pretty insecure of their looks. I've even seen a few that won't listen to the opinions and just keep posting the same type questions about themselves.

what do you think?

2|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I kind of fall into that camp. I only posted a couple of questions. (three) I was quite insecure and asked the question again. To be fair, one of the opinions was not positive. So I wanted more opinions. Ultimately it did nothing for me- my BDD is no better or worse because of it.

But I have seen some pictures of 14 year old girls in bathing suits and I always point out how bad of an idea that is- I'm sure they hate me and think I'm being a prude, And then other guys will comment, 21+ guys- I really hope they are BSing their age and are actually 13 years old. But really, basic internet safety.

There's a guy on here that always comments weird stuff on these photos- I guess you could call that his "shtick" which is fine, but he's still making the comments. So... have to wonder.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's my favorite category/topic. I have a lot of fun analyzing someone's looks to find their personality and other info. And I don't see the harm in giving your own opinion to someone interested. He/She won't just go outside and ask pedestrians to rate them. That's kind of weird. And doing it in person is uncomfortable. But online is the perfect setting. Some people have no idea what others think of them or how they can improve themselves. Why not ask in private?

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it should have restrictions. Like there are people this one dude who posts almost like on the daily of how he looks I mean your gonna get the same freakin answers as before! I did it a couple of times and was over it. But I still like to give people confident boost and give them advice because some people really benefit from that. So I dont think it should go but more 18 and over and can only post once a week or something like that. They already closed ones that are on there for 24hrs which may have been a good thing.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• I think it's better if people who are indeed insecure of their looks could have this kind of safe space to talk about it with people they don't know, otherwise they might piss people off with their insecurities in the real world.

If you don't like this category you can simply stop following it from your profile page.

1|0
    0|0
  • What's strange to me is that lately every "how do I look" post I come across is deleted.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I visit that area I only comment if I have something positive to say.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's so many areas of GAG that could be "trashed" as you call it. Why just pick on one issue just because you don't approve of it.
    The variety and lack of censorship is what makes GAG interesting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, there should be a limitation on that!
    There are people who post face pic, eye pic, nose pic, butts, ears, foot, literally every part!
    Im soo fed up sometimes that i just logout!

1|0
    0|0
  • Questions don’t exist because a category exists. The questions are asked regardless. The categories are just a way of organizing them somewhat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just don't look there. You can set your settings so you don't see it.

1|0
    0|0
  • We have to make a day where we all take the piss, and post crazy pictures of ourselves, fancy dress and other stupid things.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they can post the topic, I think many person use the How do I look for feed their ego but I am not a judge and I don't ban a topic

1|0
    0|0
  • Believe it or not I've met my many GAG friends in that section

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fine but they should trash the people who constantly do it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think they should. I find it demeaning that people want to post a pic so people can rate them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

2|0
    0|0
  • them semi-nude pics tho

1|0
    0|0
  • No because I like looking at the girls

2|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, i find that category to be a waste of space.

1|0
    0|0
  • No way
    That place is fun

2|0
    0|0
  • Nah it's cool. Just let people get their ego trip.

1|0
    0|0
  • it tries to bring positive vibes

1|0
    0|0
  • hell no. leave as is...

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• I think the whole point of that category is so that these people won't post such questions in the other categories. That way users who don't care for these questions can just block that category (as I did) and be done with it.

Sure, they could entirely prohibit them, but then people would still constantly post them and the admins wouldn't be able to keep up with deleting them.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don’t think so. If they’re insecure and post a picture of themselves, they should be able to handle the comments.

I do agree that the people who post their picture over and over again should be thrown off asap.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it needs to go. It puts people and especially kids in very dangerous situations

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I think so. And also some people comment very nasty things, it does not help much with the insecurities

1|1
    0|0
  • No, it gives many an ego trip to be able to be this attention getting god or goddess.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do away with more masturbation and penis and privates questions and sextons.

• It's OK as long as someone doesn't abuse it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes