Do you think GAG should trash the "How do I look?" category?

I understand the positive aspect of it, but at the same time it kinda makes me sad how there's a lot of people I've come across that are pretty insecure of their looks. I've even seen a few that won't listen to the opinions and just keep posting the same type questions about themselves.

what do you think?

824

Most Helpful Guys

• I kind of fall into that camp. I only posted a couple of questions. (three) I was quite insecure and asked the question again. To be fair, one of the opinions was not positive. So I wanted more opinions. Ultimately it did nothing for me- my BDD is no better or worse because of it.

But I have seen some pictures of 14 year old girls in bathing suits and I always point out how bad of an idea that is- I'm sure they hate me and think I'm being a prude, And then other guys will comment, 21+ guys- I really hope they are BSing their age and are actually 13 years old. But really, basic internet safety.

There's a guy on here that always comments weird stuff on these photos- I guess you could call that his "shtick" which is fine, but he's still making the comments. So... have to wonder.

• It's my favorite category/topic. I have a lot of fun analyzing someone's looks to find their personality and other info. And I don't see the harm in giving your own opinion to someone interested. He/She won't just go outside and ask pedestrians to rate them. That's kind of weird. And doing it in person is uncomfortable. But online is the perfect setting. Some people have no idea what others think of them or how they can improve themselves. Why not ask in private?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it should have restrictions. Like there are people this one dude who posts almost like on the daily of how he looks I mean your gonna get the same freakin answers as before! I did it a couple of times and was over it. But I still like to give people confident boost and give them advice because some people really benefit from that. So I dont think it should go but more 18 and over and can only post once a week or something like that. They already closed ones that are on there for 24hrs which may have been a good thing.