Do you ever just follow someone and message them and then completely block/ignore/unfollow them after they respond?

It's happened to me several times both with guys and girls. They say hi and elaborate on something I've commented on and then I message back with a pretty standard message of just being friendly and explaining. I don't think I ever say anything controversial in the message but then they just unfollow and block me. I don't care about being followed or that silly stuff all that much at all. It just confuses me when they do that.

It's like I think "Oh this persons being very friendly and nice to me" and I put in the energy to reciprocate because I love making friends and then they just ghost me. And then right after I begin to put the energy back to be friendly with them I immediately get ghosted.
9
2