Do you block people from replying so they are unable to debate or defend themselves?

This is the way I see it. When you do that you are admitting you are weak and can't win the debate you're having. It's a 🐈 way out. What's worse is when you throw shade and block the person from replying because you know they have a valid point. For an example. A girl ask the question why Christian's are against abortion. She tried to twist a bible verse to prove life doesn't start at conception. I as a former Christian gave my answer and opinion on her interpretation. Well she made it apparent she didn't like my answer first by saying I wasn't qualified to answer because I am no longer a Christian. Yet other former or non Christians answered and it was ok because she liked what they had to say. Second she threw shade and blocked me from replying. Do you not find that weak and hypocritical? I have never blocked a person from replying. I could understand if they are calling you nasty cuss words. But not simply because they disagree. I would feel like a total loser if I did that to try and get the upper hand. Are people really that triggered because you don't agree with what they had to say?

3|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I see people doing this all the time, on here.

I think it needs calling out, tbh. People need to know who the block babies are.

You wrote "I would feel like a total loser if I did that to try and get the upper hand". You're right. They are total losers.

I've personally noticed it's a mix of being triggered, and getting called out on their lies.

2|0
    1|1
  • Thank you! I've had a woman do this to me, say something hurtful, confusing and totally untrue, then block and/or ignore my replies when I tried to explain and defend myself. I did NOTHING to deserve it other than try to explain. It made me REALLY mad!!! So disrespectful and immature. So yes, there are some people.

1|0
    0|0
    • Don't let it get to you. They are just weak. They can dish it out but can't take it.

• Show All
    • Thank you! :) I needed to hear that.

• Anytime my friend.😎

Most Helpful Girls

• i love you for posting this
    people do this to me all the time.
    i feel the same way.
    "When you do that you are admitting you are weak and can't win the debate you're having"
    "What's worse is when you throw shade and block the person from replying because you know they have a valid point. "

couldn't have said it better !
    preach!!

2|3
    1|0
  • i don't block anyone . i have commented on blocking b4 .
    but i've come around to realizing how much a waste of time and energy
    dwelling on getting butthurt over people blocking me and wondering why they did .
    now idc who why or how many block me . not interested at all .
    i dance my own ballet in spite of them or anyone else .

1|0
    3|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Simple

1|0
    0|0
  • I am probably, what the word is pre triggered - I don't want to argue and I block people who want to argue (some are ok people I just don't want to argue) - I let you bomb your opinion, you let me bomb my opinion - No amount of arguing is going to change our mind so why bother.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people think they HAVE to say the last word because if they don't, it means they lost the argument or they did not have an argument to begin with. So they keep dragging it on and on and all you hear out of them is arrogance. Such people do not have a place in my life, let alone GAG.

0|1
    0|0
  • No because I'm not a pussy, it's amusing though because that's how all the debates I have with people end. I'm very obviously winning the debate, they turn to personal attacks and then block me. It's just pathetic.

1|1
    0|0
  • No i do t do this but many petty women on here do it all the time especially when they are clearly wrong i have so much respect for women who can not only hive actual valid points to there argument and hold there own but if they can even more so change my mind on a topic ill have more respect for that women more then most who just say the same bs over and over then get mad and bad mouth you and block you cause there losing an argument like it's so childish

0|0
    0|0
  • That's why I don't block, even though I don't always like the posts most of the time they are fair points

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it is justified because when I talk to you for example generally you just state your opinion, you don't spend your time attacking the other persons view point, this website is not a high school debating competition, you are not selling yourself for a 60k human resources position in a technology company, so for those who don't know how to hold a civil conversation, the solution is block.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have gotten a really short fuse with people I deal with. And when they are wrong on a point, and keep on regurgitating misleading and false talking points from a certain news channel, and when proven wrong they still want the last word to prove themselves. Sorry.. no...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope never blocked anyone and probably never will. Free speech is a necessity in a democratic society

1|0
    0|0
  • No. If I start a debate with someome, I see it through. I might ignore what they say if they start acting childish but I don't block them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way, that's the entire reason I'm on here. I don't get to argue enough IRL.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, only simple minded children with pathetic compartmentalized views and absolutely zero supporting data do that shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that no reply on this question - here - will be an opposing view. Which is good: they don't need to get blocked :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope , have only blocked one well known on here , rabid man hater and that's it. I tend to ignore those that keep going on , just like real life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't block people. Everyone has the wright to defend his self.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's about every person on here that I've met who blocked me male and female.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't block people, thts a lame thing to do... good for women

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't block people. That's a coward way to deal with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Test.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh, sweet, and and here I have thought you were one of the people who had blocked me.

I only block people if they just devolve into straight up trolling, such as repetitively calling me a name and ignoring any points & repeating the same insult over and over.

• Understandable

• No only. The jerks

1|0
    0|0
    • Not me. If they are jerks I just put them in their place and educate them. Like this woman commented on this young girls post asking how to get on the pill without her mom knowing. Now this woman had a good point by telling her she shouldn't be lying to her parents but she did it in a way by calling her a ho and calling her boyfriend who was 14 years old too a pedophile. By the time I was done with her she admitted that she should not have done that. It doesn't always work out that way but I'd like to think when it does they will change the way they come at people. If I see it going nowhere I just move on. No need to block unless they are being really disgusting and spamming.

• I block the 1s that are rude or are mean with how they say things to my post

• Very rarely

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• No, I usually just block people if they're too annoying. ^_^

1|1
    0|0
    • But would you consider them not agreeing with you as being annoying?

• Not block-worthy annoying. Disagree and debate with me all you like, I won't block you for that. Blocking offenses for me are as follow:

- Getting stalkery or trollish, like posting replies to other comments that weren't part of the original debate, just to fling insults.
      - Continuing to harp on about the same points over and over, and the only way to make it STOP is to block them.
      - Not being able to take a hint that I don't want to talk to them and constantly trying to provoke new responses.
      - Just being SO ANNOYING that I plain don't want to hear from them.

It actually takes a lot before I go to the step of blocking someone. I've only done it to like three people here and that was after days, sometimes weeks, of irritation.

• Gotcha. 😎

• No, I don't. But I do block people who starts insulting me, abusing me instead of expressing why do they disagree with me in a mature way.

I mean, I know not everyone has same views, perspective and thoughts as I do.
    So, when someone says "I don't agree with you because..." It's compleltely okay. I'm fine with that
    BUT
    "You are f***king stupid and immature, you dumb B**ch"... is unacceptable.

It's so ridiculous and I don't want them to waste my time and blow up my notifications, so I just report them and block them.

1|1
    0|0
    • I can understand the cussing.

• So just how long would you consider reasonable to keep "debating" a subject?

0|1
    0|0
    • The way I see it if you don't want to continue debating then say you're done and move on. You don't have to be a baby and block the person unless they continue to comment over and over. Even then I wouldn't because it's funny they keep debating with themselves. With that said its really a baby move to make a remark then block just to keep the person from being to debate or defend what they said. That's a shady baby blocker.

• Only if they are racist assholes or making threats.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol nopers

0|0
    0|1
  • liars, pua, fakes, people who stalk, put me or others down, insult my beliefs, extremely rude and controlling behavior- gets blocked.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes