If GAG implemented a filter so we could remove anonymous posts from our feeds, would you use it?

I hate anonymous posts. They're usually ridiculous, and often outright offensive. If a poster isn't invested enough to own the question, why should I be invested in answering? Cowards and trolls, the lot I think. Maybe I'm wrong.
Are you delighted with anonymous content and contributions, or would you block them if you could?
  • I would definitely block anonymous content.
  • I probably would block anonymous content.
  • I probably would not block anonymous content.
    Vote C
  • I definitely would not block anonymous content.
    Vote D

616

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous trolls, yes. Sometimes there are good things posted by anon users. It's rare, but it happens. So I wouldn't filter them all out, but I'd filter some.

• I can't imagine how they could allow us to only filter out some, but I'm not tech savvy.

Most Helpful Guys

• the legitimate use of the anon option for some is essential so im affraid it outweighs the missuse by trolls etc... the answer is you can filter out anon responses to your own questions and remove the rest. if you see an anon reply that is just blatantly offensive then use the report function and most likely it will be removed. on the whole its just one of those things we have to put up with for now

• I probably wouldn't because some people are too shy.
    I'd block only insulting, trolling and annoying people (anonymous or not).