If GAG implemented a filter so we could remove anonymous posts from our feeds, would you use it?

I hate anonymous posts. They're usually ridiculous, and often outright offensive. If a poster isn't invested enough to own the question, why should I be invested in answering? Cowards and trolls, the lot I think. Maybe I'm wrong.
Are you delighted with anonymous content and contributions, or would you block them if you could?
  • I would definitely block anonymous content.
    Vote A
  • I probably would block anonymous content.
    Vote B
  • I probably would not block anonymous content.
    Vote C
  • I definitely would not block anonymous content.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous trolls, yes. Sometimes there are good things posted by anon users. It's rare, but it happens. So I wouldn't filter them all out, but I'd filter some.

0|1
    0|0
    • I can't imagine how they could allow us to only filter out some, but I'm not tech savvy.

Most Helpful Guys

• the legitimate use of the anon option for some is essential so im affraid it outweighs the missuse by trolls etc... the answer is you can filter out anon responses to your own questions and remove the rest. if you see an anon reply that is just blatantly offensive then use the report function and most likely it will be removed. on the whole its just one of those things we have to put up with for now

1|1
    0|0
  • I probably wouldn't because some people are too shy.
    I'd block only insulting, trolling and annoying people (anonymous or not).

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Good Lord I've been asking for that filter for years.

1|2
    0|0
  • They are People too Here, der, Who Feel they Have a Reason to Vent. Or like Some, hun, Profiles Here, A Reason to go INCOGNITO. xxoo

0|0
    0|0
    • My experience here suggests a very small minority of anonymous posts are legitimate. Most are trolls trying to manufacture outrage or dissent. Same goes for anonymous opinions and replies.
      Occasionally I'll find a particularly sensitive or controversial post with legit anonymous contributions, but pretty rare. Saying they're people too is like saying a caricature is a person. They're using anonymous so they can do or say something people simply don't do or say. This wholly removes them from the "people" category as far as I'm concerned. You are afraid to be yourself? Fine, then you're literally nobody in my book.

• I would like to block anonymous content based on the user not all anons.

1|1
    0|0
  • B...

0|1
    0|0
  • I probably would.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• I don't block or remove anything here. I have answered annoying questions just to get them out of my feed though lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Stop feeding the trolls!
      They'll never go away if you feed them!

• There is, I am fairly sure I saw it in the way you post which allows you to not allow anonymous posts. Just saying the option exists already.

0|1
    0|0
    • You can block anonymous responses from your questions. But you can't block anonymous posts from your feed. I want that.

• Oh you got me don't even know where my feed is

• If we could be selective. This way we could block troll posts but still read interesting ones from people who might, for one reason or another, not want to reveal their identities.

1|1
    0|0
  • to quote Oprah.. (Anon) your getting blocked.. your getting blocked... your getting blocked...

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell yeah. I would be turning that filter on the second it was available.

0|4
    0|0
  • Yeah i would use the filter to block anonymous questions.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not that fond of a certain type of question being posed by anonymous accounts.

0|1
    0|0
  • no I like leaving everything up for people to see cause they are retards and I like to show it

0|1
    0|0
  • some people deserve to ask a question as an anon... its just humans from far and near abuse it.

1|1
    0|0
  • l am very open and l hide nothing from no one l am an honest guy you can read my profile and l dont hide my age

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you kidding me? The Anonymous post are the juicy ones.

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I'm not kidding. Quality posts by anonymous users are few and far between. Fewer still are good enough to justify sorting through hundreds of trolls, idiots and assholes, in my opinion. My feed is almost entirely anonymous lately, and it's all garbage.

• I like my feed as open as possible

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes