How can I write a thought diary?

I'm a severe anxiety sufferer and there are a lot of things on my mind with most of it being hard to talk about on the spot. I have been to my doctor and he recommended me doing exactly that but I am not sure how, so how can I go about doing it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Get any writing app or a book depending on which suits you best. Write single words or a phrase as you go and expand when you have time.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I just use a word document. I've been doing it since 2010. Whenever I'm bored or need to vent, i just open it up and type whats in my head. I'll talk about plans, things that annoy me, my worries, etc, I just let it all put.
    I mark each month with a header and then each days with the day of the week, day of the month, month, and year (e. g. Saturday 8th December 2018).

You can also put passwords on word documents. That way you can feel more secure when writing anything down.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I write in a journal often. I find starting to write about whatever is foremost in your mind. E. g. a work project. I often write as though I'm writing a letter to myself, before you know it you're not even thinking about what to write. It just comes out. If I'm upset with someone I write to them. I usually feel much better after.

0|0
    0|0
    • Another way to deal with a lot of anxiety is to write down everything you're worried about. No detail, just a word. Then look at which things you can't do anything about at this moment. Everything else gets moved down to a new list. Write under each worry one thing you can do right now to help. E. g. Christmas shopping, make a list.
      😊

What Guys Said 3

• You get a pen... and a paper... and start writing what's on your mind

0|0
    0|1
  • Whatever you're thinking, write it down or type it in your phone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can you dictate it into your phone?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes