Why is everyone so incognito on this app?

Barely any people have their face as their profile picture. Is it because you’re scared to say what you think when people know what you look like? Too much creeps on the app? I’m curious...

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I did but after some negative responses I decided I rather I didn't want to be more easily identified

0|0
    0|0
    • About your face?

• Show All
    • I would take it with a grain of salt lol

• I do... But then I rather reduce the possibilities of being tracked online or irl... I am not here to date... although I had a lot more responses and pms when I had my pic

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Both,
    And of course there’s always the chance of weirdos saving your selfies

I had some dickhead once send me a selfie I took 2 years ago and he still keeps them

1|0
    0|0
  • I think a lot of people are also insecure about their appearance and are afraid that if they say something, their looks will be the 1st thing someone attacks, but also because they don't want their face linked to the fucked up shit they say. Keyboard warriors appreciate anonymity more than anyone else. So much so they'll go anonymous to say things on an account that no one in real life knows belongs to them

1|0
    0|0
  • This is the webbernet. 90% of the people here are masses of creepily perverted onion scented Play-Doh. I've started wearing latex gloves while typing comments because I have a feeling here soon your going to be able to get herpes merely from logging into social media.

With disgusted curiosity,
    - Mr. brick

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally just have a passion for illuminated manuscripts. Hence, the profile picture of a portion of one of my favourite manuscripts leaves as my profile picture.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wonder this too but I can only assume people want to remain anonymous so they can say whatever they want without being held personally responsible. Of course, some people are just ugly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think you're right. People feel more open to express their opinions anonymously. That's a good thing if you're looking for honest views I guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • My profile pic is a photo of me. Im not afraid to show myself. But maybe other people just aren't confident to show themselves on social media.

1|0
    0|0
  • um... yea, kind of, i dont want people to think how bad im or how good im lol... see? my username is also 'itssomeone' lol... i would reveal myself here only to the person who will message me or somethin.. n if i know that person for a long time

0|0
    0|0
  • a lot of wussies on here. Im waiting to get a hair cut.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wonder the same.
    And I'm glad that you do not do it because you have the most beautiful face of GaG

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have it ad a profile pic, but you can see my face on the cover pic. It's not just the pic. Most people ask the questions anonymously m

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no picture because I’m ugly 😂 that’s the only reason

0|0
    0|0
  • I have my face on my profile picture. It's a pity I wear a helmet to work.

But the reason is simple: in my line of work, you don't want to show your face to every person that can see you. I could hide what I do for a living, but then my answers to a lot of questions would be without base. So I chose this solution.

If there is a person I come to trust, I do show them my face. A few users here have seen me. But that is very rare.

For most intents and purposes, I don't need to show my face to answer questions. There are only 5 people at this time whom I talk to regularly through PMs, and with them, I still talk about their problems and trying to help.

There are only two people to whom I talk casually and not about a particular issue. They have seen my face. I hope this answers your question.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wanna show off

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people just feel more comfortable doing so.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know what I look like

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t want some of the girls who might use this app, knowing my dick size

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I use my own profile pics, but I always filter them. Some people on here actually use other people's profile pics to troll or catfish people... either on here or on dating sites. They have even created memes of some users too

0|0
    0|0
  • i have mine and i have it becuz i dont give a rats ass what anyone thinks of me lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Yeah lol they’re obviously pretty insecure..

• seriously some people are just so annoying its like ok your insecure but you dont need to talk shit about how i look

• I think that has a lot to do with it. Probably embarrassed as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lots of weirdos & creeps on here.

Also I don’t want anyone from irl to stumble upon my profile

0|0
    0|0
  • Plenty of people hate me so imma stay incognito

0|0
    0|1
  • Ummmm. I have my face.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don’t want people knowing it’s me/ever finding this account bc I ask personal questions that I want strangers to answer

0|3
    0|0
  • I just want privacy.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes