How is "Antarctica" a location option in your profile?

No one actually lives there except for a few scientists. And I'm sure we have a ton of Antarctic scientists on GaG...

2|2

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The answer is that when developing a website or app someone has to type everything out at some point. You just select it but the designer typed it. But what happens is they dont really need to type it when they can just copy and paste a list of countries from another website and so thats what they do, and that website had Antarctica listed on it and now so does gag.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Makes as much sense as if they put Pluto as an option...

Just weird.

0|2
    0|0
  • Lol. One of my former friend on here chosw Antartica as his location when he made a profile, haha. I have been thinking of doing the same. So, I would no longer get stalkers and pushy creeps 😂 Besides, I want to be Antarctic scientist, too! ;D

I think the admin thought let's put this option just in case someone is too private/ paranoid to set his/her real location. This way, the user feels safe.

Some actually set Antartica as their location to feel safer, while others just do it for laugh.

1|0
    1|0
  • Lol. I guess the devs uploaded some master list of regions to the menu, and that was on it. I've seen uninhabited islands on the list as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha I never noticed that before. That’s funny

0|1
    0|0
  • Hahaha good question
    Also why is Vatican state an option? Only the Pope, its guard and clergy members live there. Reminds me of Illuminati 😂😂

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 25

• The locations also give the option for various islands where only researchers live. Yet you can't put in DPRK, i. e. North Korea 🤔

0|3
    0|0
  • Antarctica is an option people do choose. It's basically for people who don't want to state their real location, but want to make it obvious, that they aren't really from there.

So many people were born on 01.01.1900 and live in Antarctica on the internet.

0|1
    0|0
  • More people live there than you might think, but the people on here that have it in their profile are just trolling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_AaVRLs2aA

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • 3d

*workers

• 3d

Here's a job for a painter and no you do not need a Ph. D in painting science...

https://g.co/kgs/H27kyr

• I got left behind on Mars. The rescue will take roughly 6 months. But they don't have Mars as an option.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well who knows, there might be someone who lives in the Antartic. And has internet. And goes on GaG in their free time... yeh you're right, why is that an option, that's kinda dumb...

1|1
    0|0
  • I have always wondered why that option is available on this site. I have never seen that available as a location option on any other site.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't noticed this before. But for every plus in the universe, there's an equal minus. It's just how it works. There are a few members on here that I wished lived in my town. But mostly, I wish they all lived in Antarctica.
    Did you ever see or hear of this movie?
    Well these members should be doing the polka with penguins.
    What does it mean?

0|1
    0|0
  • I've seen somebody with Heard and McDonald Islands, too.

1|2
    0|0
  • It's an option that says, "Hey I am visiting GAG, no you can not know where I live." It's the same thing as having 114, as if anyone that old would be browsing GAG.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure Kermit the frog is reporting somewhere out there :)

0|1
    0|0
  • It's because Antarctica is a really cool place. HA HA HA HA HA!

I don't care if I'm the only one who laughs. No regrets.

1|0
    0|0
  • People are trying to be "funny". Yeah… You can laugh. But probably at them. :-)

0|1
    0|0
  • Except for few scientists you said it. And as if it's really impossible to have electricity and wi-fi there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol maybe GAG wanted to put it there to troll us xP

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that we should send the sexist blue anons there

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a joke from the gag owners

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude, I wonder the same thing when I see that too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Scientists might get bored and want to use g@g

0|0
    0|0
  • I lived there as a kid

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I'm from the United States

0|0
    0|0
  • For teenagers, who want to be cool and original.

0|1
    0|0
  • Can I live on planet X please?

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t discriminate against the Antarcticans.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are people on here, who like to act like jackasses. Don't mind them. They're just losers who like to come on here and troll

0|0
    0|0
  • nobody has to give out a real location if they don't want to

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes