Do you use the "I don't want to see this" option on your questions?

I've used it pretty sparingly, examples being

1. Removing opinions supportive of Irish terrorism.

2. Removing a rant by a narcissist, containing plenty of gaslighting and non-sequiturs

3. Taking down a last word warrior's 'last word'.

On the flip side, there was a now deactivated user who was notorious for taking down opinions she didn't like, so I just ignored all of her questions.

What do you think of it? Is it something you use, or do you consider it censorship?
  • Yes, often
    Vote A
  • Yes, rarely
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
  • I've never heard of this
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I do it sometimes, when the opinion is really rude and disgusting, there was this guy that used to comment on every single one of my questions and say horrible shit about me so that's the only time I used it

2|3
    0|0
  • I don't think I've ever used it, actually. Maybe once, to remove a blatantly sexual offensive comment.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I've never used it because it's a form of censorship. It's an extremely stupid feature and GaG should get rid of it because it encourages echo chambers and safe spaces. Lame.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yeah, sometimes I'll remove a reply on my opinion when I'm thinking that they just need to hop off my dick and write their own opinion.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I use it every now and then when the person is really abusive not just because I disagree with their opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • I use it when people don't answer a question or leave rude nonsense.

0|0
    0|0
  • haven't ever used it

0|1
    0|0
  • I only use it if someone's just after a fight in the comments, saying something rude or uncalled for. Or when I engage in a discussion from a thread they started and they resort to petty insults and provocations, then I just take it away and don't waste any more breath.

0|1
    0|0
  • I rarely use it.. if I could turn off notifications that would be better. Sometimes people have private conversations within my posts and I get really annoyed checking the notification off. I really hate continuously being notified when some weirdo keeps responding to my post on a question too...
    Those are the only 2 instances I use it in. I can ignore people easier on here than FBOOk. I block quickly there.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never used it, and I don't know what it does. Does it hide the comments from you, or delete them for everyone?

0|1
    0|0
  • I used it once when I saw some offensive comments and people arguing just because they disagreed with me.
    So, I rarely use it. I don't think it's censorship, you're free to choose what you want to see and what you don't want to.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Wish G@G would get rid of it. Mainly because of people like the girl you're talking about. Did her username start with an A?

0|2
    0|0
    • It did indeed. Followed by a P...

• Yeah. She always removed my opinions too.

• I never answered any of hers, because I'd seen other people mentioning she was doing that. Not a great reputation to get...

• No, but I haven't asked a question lately. If you remove rants by a narcissist, containing plenty of gaslighting and non-sequiturs, 50% of the site would be gone :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Um... "I don't want to see this"? Where do you see this?
    It's a new one for me.

0|1
    1|0
    • On your questions ONLY, look at the answers.

On the right, next to the time posted ticker, are three buttons. Click on these, and you should see it.

If you use the app, all bets are off. It might not even be available on that.

• On mobile you have a hamburger menu at the right side of all opinions on your questions with that same 'I don't want to see this' option

• Okay thanks. I never said I was smart, just a smart ass. Anyhow, I use the app on an Android.

• Yes, I use it for those who can't read, who don't bother to read and who are illogical/ insulting me. I ain't got time for that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've used it once when 3 people were arguing about shit that didn't matter, and I end up getting hundreds of notifications as a result.

So I just hide it so I don't have to deal with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've done that at times for trolls leaving me bad comments where I have posted in a thread that are absolutely nonsense, it cuts down on the arguments leading to accounts being frozen

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never used it at all. The only thing I ever use is the mute option.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, very rarely. Not when I simply disagree with them, but when they're being an obvious troll or threatening/shaming me.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn't know that was an option. I knew I could block people and turn off notifications but not that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've used it for the very vile anti-semitism stuff or some other times because it was something dumb.

0|1
    0|0
  • There has indeed been times when I've felt the need to use it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it's ever happened but I don't ask many questions. I would only consider using it to remove spurious or offensive content.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes if the person is a troll, or insults me and abuse others. I rarely use it though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I genuinely never knew there was an option to filter content to such degree.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never knew that was a thing. But I don't think i'll use it

0|1
    0|0
  • I used it one time just to see what it actually does, haven't used it since then.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Also it should only block it for the person who does so, not for everyone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sparingly, but I also can hardly remember using it.

0|1
    0|0
  • You need to be really careful when using the term Irish Terrorism.

0|0
    0|0
    • How do you mean?

• Well it depends what groups you are talking about and who reads it. Its a really sensitive subject. Its really mundane to be frank so I won't give much detail.

• I have used it only very rarely.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah i use it once in while not too often.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ocassionally

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never used it

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never head of this

0|0
    0|0
  • And I block him or her.