Do you care how other GAGgers perceive you as a person?

Here's the reason I'm asking: I had a dream that I was in the passenger seat of a van with some other members of GaG (I'm not saying who) and someone was chasing us. The person driving us was yelling at me saying it was all my fault. Then everyone else in the car was yelling at me too and listing all of my faults. I was crying in frustration and telling them, "You dont understand! That's not the kind of person I am."
So I have nightmares and anxiety A LOT and I was on gag right before bed so it's possible my subconscious was mixing things up. Or I keep wondering if deep down, I do care how people perceive me as a person? Do you care how other GAGgers perceive you as a person?
  • Yes, I care because...
    Vote A
  • No, I don't because...
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Okay so maybe you only have acquaintances here... but if you've been here long enough, there are people you talk to day in and day out who become friends. Do you care how they percieve you?

2|7

Most Helpful Guys

• No, I don't care about that- if there is anything I care about on GAG it's that people actually take my advice!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I've never cared. How anyone perceives me, GaG or irl, doesn't change my behavior

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nah idc because this site is just a way to pass the time. No one here is worth stressing over.

9|10
    2|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol no. This is the internet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girly... thats terrible... so sorry to hear. This site is giving you nightmares...
    You need GAG cleansing xoxo...

Maybe a real life meet up to over come the anxiety? :P that we are all really "cool"

I have met a few members, they are really good people. No one will come after you sweetie...

1|1
    0|0
    • I have met one already and I have plans to meet another in May. But I think that's good advice!

• Show All
    • ahhaahaa... Obviously i am not going to say it here. You two are making me really really jealousy.
      Enjoy him. Seems like a really good guy.

• i can tell you over pm..

• You... spend WAY too much time on GaG.
    I don't give two fucks how people on here view me- this site is just a way to pass time, as @ericclayton said. Why would I care what random strangers on the internet think of me?

2|0
    0|0
    • I do spend too much time on GaG. But I have always been prone to nightmares/anxious dreams. I think even if I spent less time here, people would still enter my rem cycle.

I know... I made friends with a few now that I know outside of GaG. But I really didn't think I cared until this dream!

• Was I one of the people?
    I honestly don't give a fuck, as long as my Gag friends like me. I just don't wanna let THEM down.

But a few days ago I discovered that other users talk shit about me. I don't give a fuck as long as I don't have to see it. Some of it was funny anyways, and with all the shit I say on here, I don't blame them. Some people are too easily offended.
    The only thing I'm worried about is them discovering my true identity and telling people some of the shit I say on here

1|0
    0|0
  • For the most part... I don't give two shits what people on here think about me. But there are exceptions to every rule, and they know who they are.

2|0
    0|0
  • I care about how people perceive me in real life, but not online, not when they don't even know my real name. I look at this app as a way to figure out how people (mainly guys) actually think. People aren't afraid to say what they think when they are anonymous.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not one bit. I only care about what my close friends and family think of me. Why would I care about what random people on the internet think of me? That would be pathetic and excessively sensitive.

I hold a lot of opinions and if some person on GAG thinks less of me because of those opinions... I really could care less. Especially the opinionated feminists/liberal females on this site, constantly spewing social justice anti-male leftist rhetoric... I REALLY don't care about what they think of me.

2|1
    0|0
  • Not really. There’s a hand full I’ve gotten to know outside of here. I value their opinions and thoughts and would never want to be perceived as not caring about them.

Otherwise aside from them on here and my family and friends in real life I don’t give a rats ass what anyone thinks of me really outside of the hand full of times I may ask for opinions.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because I am in the real and now. Your anxieties are horrible. I have a family member that suffered as well. My heart to yours Sting.

1|1
    0|0
  • A few of them, but only to a certain extent. I don’t want to come off as someone totally different than I actually am. I don’t want to come off as a complete bitch. I want to come off to other people as who I am, so I’m that sense, yes, I do care.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think what is really being asked is whether we care or not if we are generally like by other users. To this I would say I am 'generally' indifferent to how I am perceived by other users.

Not all questions posted here I can relate to on any level so as I am sure most here do feel the same. I just pass them on by. Further, I have noticed a few users who seem to have a, "chip on their shoulder" who I tend to avoid getting into discussions with. It's a pointless waste of energy to do so. Then on the other end of the spectrum some users have been quite amusing and or engaging to dialog with. They tend to be continuously evocative which is an interesting trait in another for me whether online or offline. I'd say there have been a few users I have carried on discussions of this caliber with. One of them I talk with on a near daily basis. You develop a human connection so there is an element of care/consideration for that other individual which I think is normal just the same as if it were to happen offline. It's how friends are made and sometimes even relationships.

There are a few who post here I find myself replying to more than a couple of times. They like my responses and even ask followup questions and whatnot. We do not follow one another which I know some build their online ego upon followers. I do not. Heck, I am surprised to have the ones I have. I get why one follows and I them.

If others like me, dandy. If not, still dandy. My day is still just as good. I will note having a dream a couple nights ago that makes me wonder if a conversation with a certain individual here maybe sparked it. So I can see how having a dream can happen.

Don't sweat whether strangers like you or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care how people judge me and how they perceive me because we all get judged everyday for everything we do, like how we dress, things we say, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think to some level, everybody cares. I can’t imagine that anybody wishes to be hated by everybody. I personally post on here because I like to think that I might be able to help somebody some how. Also for the entertainment of. Maybe I can make somebody smile. I know there will always be trolls out there. But I still believe that most people out there are “good people”.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just be myself, a notch funny, a notch serious.

I care , but I don't care how they react other than.. I do feel bad when I hurt someone unintentional as I have a few times being sarcastic.

1|0
    0|0
  • I picked I don't. I am who I am. I don't care how people perceive me at all. If they don't like me, they don't have to be around me. If we have to work together, I hope they tell me if I do anything to bother them. I will be polite and try to not do what bothers them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I care that I am not misunderstood. That to me is very important.

Ah, sing it, Animals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfwN0X8YnWo

1|0
    0|0
  • No. It's no secret the majority of people talk smack about others who are not in their presence. Most people online act differently in the real world and I use their actions to define them as a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do care that I stay true to being honest with my own life issues that I overcame because I am here to help others, based on my own experience. I do like to set an example of myself to express my open mindedness in order to bring comfort to others so that they know they will not be judged. I do care that I create a safe space for others. No one is perfect <3

In terms of others opinion, it says more about them than it does me. I move on and prioritize those seeking to work together in a positive way.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I dont care to fit in with the other people i just be me.

Anyone who doesn't like that can go suck a... Duck 😂

1|1
    0|0
  • A few of them, sure, but I'm not too concerned with what the vast majority thinks of me.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don’t give two shits what other people think about me

1|3
    0|0
  • Yes i do like care how i perceive myself on GAG
    what i mean is i like to set a good example cause
    my advice i give to people is cause i care about others.

2|0
    0|0
  • i only care what @CT_CD thinks because he’s my GaG boo

2|1
    0|1
  • Nah. Most of the people here are frustrated creeps that come here to insult other people because that makes them feel better about themselves. I don't care what they think of me lol

1|1
    0|1
  • I don't give two shits about what complete strangers have to say about me, but it does hurt when I hear negative things about me from members I talk to regularly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Na because I can be done with this site at any moment and want to completely unplug from online eventually because that is the only way to be a better person and a more productive person I am brutally honest on here about my views and they may not be very popular but I stick to my guns

0|0
    0|0
  • Idc but no one knows the real me and mostly likely will never know I know I am happy with who I am even though I wish I was a bit more productive other than that my interactions here are either platonic, some what flirty, or just being what I am in real life and give advice and insight from personal experience. Who I am after I sign out is a different person who is in work mode

0|0
    0|0
  • As a Master who Has been on Here, dear, for Over 5 Years... I am Guilty... xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I am a Asshole and I really don't give a shit what people think of me. My real life is more important to me. I'm here just to fuck off.

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone doesn't like me that's their problem for they are not significant enough to me to cause me to worry about how they perceive me lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Not matter what website go on. Lot people going to judge no matter what. I seen some idiot on girls g@g. Other time I found learning disabilities user.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're on a site of thousands of strangers, many of which are just weirdos, where we just lol about with questions. Caring what people here think is moronic.

0|0
    0|0
    • The site is good for advice/insight/opinions on matters when someone gives serious answers. But basing your self-image on these people? God no!

• I literally have never cared about anything less than I care about what these people think of me 😂🤷‍♀️

1|0
    0|0
  • What perception? I don't think anyone cares about what I do on here. I just post questions that are interesting to me. As long as I post sensible questions /replies I don't think anyone will ever had too much of a perception of me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care, because none of them knows me, and none of them cares a bit about me.

1|2
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't give a flying damn about how any one views me. Except my dog.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think on some level i care i mean no one wants to be perceived as a jerk. And i might have been a little closer to the type of person you are when i was younger. But if there's one thing life has taught me it's people are going to think what they want to think regardless of what you do. So i just try to never have hate in my heart (hate is burdensome and saps your inner peace) talk it out when i can, and accept there's some people you just can't get through to. if they want to think of me as a jerk for whatever reason. i just got to let it go and move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends. There are a few people that I became close with and their opinion matters to me. Everyone else can fuck off. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • People on gag at this point probably see me as a weeb, Asian girl liking virgin at this point lol😂😂

1|0
    0|1
  • if they are true friends here yes but next time don't eat before bed or have that favorite desert so close to be gives us night mare a had a favorite pod that gave me night mare after I ate it nany hours before bed

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not good at keeping friends
    Usually they loose interest in me and don't talk to me
    So, I don't have anyone close here, but I thought a few are, nope they weren't
    So yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • I generally don't give a rats ass about what people think about me.

1|1
    0|0
  • I do care how people on here that are my friends think of me but I'mma than that no

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I know I'm being honest, so, the chips will fall where they may.

1|0
    0|0
  • I gives zero fucks when answering questions. I type out what's on my mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. They don’t know me. They never met me.. I care what my close circle thinks.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because no one here will ever really know me and people come and go here so often.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to, I’m starting to not really give a damn anymore <3

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes