Do you block users just because you don’t like their opinions?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No.

I have blocked one guy for arguing with me a while ago, but I later unblocked him and haven't really seen him since - we had a long discussion and I didn't run away, I gave him plenty of time to reply back again, like a day.

Recently, I discovered one guy blocked me, even though I've never even talked to him and I had a long discussion with one guy the other day and when it stopped, I went on his profile and found out that he blocked me, so I returned the favour.

Some people won't block when going anonymous either, but I have had my answer deleted, by some anonymous girl (I think I know who it is), so I started randomly replying to other answers - she just couldn't handle opposing opinions and deleted a lot of what she agreed with.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I've had this happen a few times. I personally only block someone if they're being obnoxious, insulting and irrelevant to the discussion. But I have had people who's blocked me just to have the last word, or because they don't like what I said, or because they were losing the debate with me. It's pathetic really. As if that makes them winners. It makes them cowards.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• No not at all, that's what this is about different opinions, there wouldn't be a need for G@G if we all had the same opinions.
    I have blocked those that send a steady flow of nothing but sex filled questions after I accept their follow requests.

1|0
    0|0
  • nope unless they are harssing me or want to nudes. BRO I AM ON THIS WEBSITE FOR FRIENDS NOT FOR D PICS. STOP BEING THIRSTY. lol I actually told a guy I was a man and he never talk to me ever again. That was frankly hella funny.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No way, the principle of a discussion forum is freedom of speech, so any positive or negative opinion is welcome :D

0|0
    0|0
  • No, as long as they're not being an asshole or their opinion isn't harmful or hateful I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • In some cases. There's an older woman that offers nothing but the phrase "stupid liberals" on 90% of her comments. She offers no substance to conversation so I gladly block her. But I like to give as much as take so my block list is pretty small.

1|2
    0|0
    • Agreed. After several warnings, I finally blocked an older male user who, as you say so well, offers nothing but irrelevant, unfunny memes, usually related to Donald Trump. Again, he offers no substance to conversation, so he's no loss. I don't like doing it, but sometimes they really leave you no other option.

• I have only ever blocked 2 people. One was one guy who wouldn't quit with insults and the other was a troll who stalked my comments for a few days. Both ended up being booted off the site.

1|1
    0|0
  • I never even use the block function since I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, positive or negative.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I report them then I blocked them for being mean because they don't like my opinion's. And I hit I don't want to see this. I report them then I blocked them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No; I block users that post the same dumb shit all the time. Nothing personal; I just don't wanna see your dumb repetitive shit

0|0
    0|0
  • I block only the extremely crazy, disrespectful, or dangerous ones.

1|0
    0|0
  • No... But one of my comments was removed by a moderator for being "offensive"...

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I can't be bothered to do that.

1|0
    0|0
  • No lol I don't usually block I usually just ignore

1|0
    0|0
  • no lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't block people period.

1|0
    0|0
  • no I'm not intolerant

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that's so silly :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Naw, that would take all the fun out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of people do lmao

0|0
    0|2
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • i never block anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • No that would be silly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never block anyone. That's censorship.

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope not done it yet had people do it to me though

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't block people

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if they block me first or are clearly trolling

0|0
    0|0
  • Less likely. I only block people who constantly try to push their opinion on me through private message.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes