Have you ever written a MyTake?

• I have
  • I haven't

2645

Most Helpful Guys

Most Helpful Girls

• Doesn't let me on the app

2443
  • I've written 4 so far, but I generally don't write many because they take so long to create for me. If I go about writing one, I have to find good pictures, try to add humor or make it interesting, read over the grammar, etc.. To make matters worse, the topics I feel comfortable writing about aren't necessarily widely applicable to what a lot of people want to read about, so I'm often preaching to only a few. It makes it hard to justify the effort. Although I believe I have the capacity or ability to write decently, I don't have the motivation for it. (I suppose that some of my longer opinions could be easily converted in myTakes oddly enough, so perhaps it is the label itself which discourages me lol)

With that in mind, unless I feel truly inspired, I prefer writing an opinion, because I can make it relatively short and I have a clear prompt to write about. I can write some hundred characters or whatever and move on, and I don't have to worry about structure a ton given the length. I started a couple drafts of ones at some point, but I never continued it, so it's collecting virtual dust on my computer.

• I have not written any. My brother wrote one, but it had very few comments, he did not bother to write part 2, which would have made people think a bit.

• Actually, I have not done so, this notwithstanding that I have nearly a year's worth of "Engaged" badges from writing opinions. Also, notwithstanding that I do a ton of writing as part of my career, and in fact have been published in various newspapers of some stature.

The funny part is I find that the questions written by others provoke me to thinking and expressing my views rather than me being the one to just proactively lay out my ideas. Why that is I am not sure - and I have thought about it fairly frequently - especially as I do not lack for opinions.

Maybe that is the answer though. Perhaps my MyTake should be about why I have not written any MyTakes. As I say, I do not lack for opinions - my career is in politics and, somewhat eccentrically, the science behind evolution, sex and human psychology fascinates me, two areas well covered on the site.

Still, it seems that I need to be provoked by a question to get the best out of me. (The best being relative. I leave it to the tender mercies of the readers of this site to determine the merits of what I write and how well or how poorly it is written.) So at the least, I owe a debt of gratitude to the users of G@G for provoking thoughts that might have otherwise gone unthought, and for writing things that might otherwise have gone unwritten.

• Which one would interest you to read the most?

I've got several in the "How Screwed Are They, Really?" series, which has been taken over by the LegalEagle channel on YouTube - where an actual lawyer reviews these films and shows, and can offer insight with a tad more credibility.

I've got an old one about the Parkland Shooting, and 17 things about its fallout that made absolutely no sense.

I've got an even older one going back to the Obama years, suggesting Officer Casebolt was set up.

I have a pitch for Power Rangers 2, a review of why Black Panther and Iron Man 2 are almost the same exact film, one about non-white serial killers, a trivia one about the Emo Rangers, a few on DeviantArt stock models, some old ideas on how to fix The Sims 5 before it's even released, one on Batman vs. 50 Shades of Grey, a review of a video by Focus on the Family from the 90s, and more.

I try to go for the topics that don't even occur to most on here. One of those where you never knew you needed the take until after you saw its headline.

• myTakes are another post type for you to share your experience and knowledge with the GAG Community. A myTake can become Promoted or even Featured; for which you will earn extra Xper points (25 Xper points for promoted myTakes, and 100 Xper points more -total of 125 Xper points- for Featured myTakes).

Yup.

• No. G@G won't let me.

This is my second account. Every time on my first account when I tried to write a mytake, it simply told me "you have some content in there gag doesn't like".

I thought it would be fixed with switching accounts, but nope. I simply can't write mytakes.

Any help would be appreciated.

• No and probably never will.
    It’s time consuming and pointless in my perspective, primarily ‘cause I have a tight schedule.

However I do read other people’s MyTake and find them good. :)

• Yes, I've written 97 myTakes. I was here when they first introduced them and I believe I was the second person to receive the Editor badge (GaG got fed up of promoting our myTakes/articles).

• Yeah it's a cool fun creative experience. The tools on GAG are better then expected and you can really get good conversations going!

• 0|0
  • No I have not.

Mytakes seem very time consuming and time is not a resource I have in abundance, not to mention that I do not really have anything to write a mytake about.

• Yup. Three or four. I don't feel like it often but once in a while. It's all visible on our pages so you really don't have to ask us, you can just check.

• I want to but I know my advice is good and therefore will be ignored. The truth can be painful and people
    Don’t want to hear what I have to say.

• Never have, and I know I never will. I don't have anything to say that someone else hasn't said or would be worth reading.

• Only once but I would like to make a illustrate one soon

• No, you actually need a lot of time in your hands to be doing that

• I’m the most unoriginal person ever so I don’t bother tbh

• I have not. I am still sort of new to this website and I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

• I haven't so far because I don't feel the need to, yet. I'm not sure if I ever will.

• Yes my proudest was the one I wrote about having epilepsy

• Not yet!! I’m too focused on giving advice rather than sharing my own problems LOL

• Yes however my, "Legit way to get a bigger penis" was shutdown due to explicit purposes.

• Yes. 4 on my old account. Notably, the take on Trump gained some traction lol. Also I wrote a great tribute to John Ritter.

• Yes I wrote 3. They were all promoted and featured ❤️

• I have 5 unpublished drafts of myTakes, I don't know if I even want to publish them😂

• No Madam I didn't I don't know how to work the pictures and all the different angles

• Yeah. I don't think I'll be making any more in the future.

• Not, but I may do in the future.

• Multiples. Usually anonymous though.

• Of course, think 4 or 5

• I have, it's pretty fun

• Yes I’ve written somewhere between 5 and 10

• Haven't but I might soon

• I have, but it's pretty boring to do so.

• Nope.

• Not yet. Maybe I will soon.

• I've written 9.

• Nope
    .

• Yes several, many of which have been featured

• I have

• I've written one

• I haven't

• I won't write one.

• Yes, 27 so far.

• Yes 2🙂

• Nah, but I'll probably will.

• Beats me?

• Only one and it was on my heart.

Show More
17