I just blocked someone who only asked questions about her interactions with a guy and what they meant. Do you think I was too harsh?

All the questions I would get from her were about a co-worker of hers and she would constantly ask what tiny little interactions meant. She would write huge paragraphs explaining all the details, and then ask everyone what they thought about each little piece. I got tired of the overanalyzing, I got tired of the emotional investment, I got tired of her not growing and actually doing something about the relationship she was obsessing over. So do you think I was too harsh?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I know who and I know your feelings on that, it gets frustrating dealing with some people... is it worth the energy. I haven't blocked her yet as I saw some glimmers of hope she might come out of her shell.

I say too harsh, but I get it adn wouldn't want you to pull an Airplane:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSALQn0u9z4

I blocked someone who kept asking how amazing they look. be interesting or go home:)

2|1
    0|0
    • 3d

That is very apt!

Part of my issue is that she doesn't comment or contribute to anything else. She would only just seek other people out for advice on what she wanted.

You may be right, it may have been too harsh. But I just stopped reading. If she does come out of her shell, let me know and I am willing to unblock her

• Show All
    • 1d

thanks mho. She responded to a recent post of mine, better. she's gonna time some serious work though... the wounds are deep.

• 1d

Yeah, they are. Can you PM me who we are talking about?

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t think that what you did is too. It is natural to get annoyed with some people that show no progress and who are unmindful of other people’s time and needs. If you feel she was draining your energy nd she is obviously obsessing over minor irrelevant things and is not providing answers to the gag community I would feel the same way! 🤨

0|1
    0|0
  • If someone annoys you, and you feel like blocking them, do so, but remember to unblock after a few days. Otherwise you may be shooting yourself in the foot. She might just have the best answer to one of your questions. I ain't gonna take the risk of leaving anyone permanently blocked!

1|2
    0|0
    • 3d

I hear you, but in this case she was not answering any questions of anyone's except posting her own questions. She's been doing it for several months now

• Show All
    • 1d

Thank you for MHG!

• 1d

You bet!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No, I don't.

That sounds very tedious indeed.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s a little harsh if you didn’t warn her before. Think about it from her perspective. She clearly sees you as someone who’s opinion matters or is important in some way and if you just blocked her out of the blue without ever indicating that “hey you’re overthinking everything, not everything he does means something” a few times then it’s a little harsh lol. But it’s your time so you can do whatever you want with it.

1|1
    0|0
    • 3d

I stopped responding to her posts a while ago. So I hope she's not thinking that, but you may be right

• Nope. I. did the same thing to a few users here. They won't take my advice but still asked the same damn question every day. They wasted my time but ended up not taking any of my advice. Why should I bother to entertain them anymore? You did the right thing.

0|2
    0|0
  • A bit? We can't understand how she's feeling when asking these questions probably her heart in controling now not the brain , it can be annoying yes but more or less this site is for asking questions

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

I get that. And I don't have a problem with her asking questions. But it feels like it's usery when she's asking questions and not engaging with the people taking the time to answer. And certainly not taking her time to answer any of their questions

• 3d

Well thats her bzns , if she's not engaging then just stop answering

• 3d

I would do that, and that would be the end of it if she didn't keep asking for my opinion

• I know who you are talking about lol and I understand it kinda made me feel creeped out a little too

1|1
    0|0
  • Well too lame.. Why be a pussy and block? If you want someone to fuck off, then either type it out or just ghost. At least there's some redemption in ignoring..

0|0
    0|0
  • You were too harsh. Just unfollow her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just unfollow her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why do I care?

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes