I just blocked someone who only asked questions about her interactions with a guy and what they meant. Do you think I was too harsh?

All the questions I would get from her were about a co-worker of hers and she would constantly ask what tiny little interactions meant. She would write huge paragraphs explaining all the details, and then ask everyone what they thought about each little piece. I got tired of the overanalyzing, I got tired of the emotional investment, I got tired of her not growing and actually doing something about the relationship she was obsessing over. So do you think I was too harsh?

84

Most Helpful Guy

• I know who and I know your feelings on that, it gets frustrating dealing with some people... is it worth the energy. I haven't blocked her yet as I saw some glimmers of hope she might come out of her shell.

I say too harsh, but I get it adn wouldn't want you to pull an Airplane:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSALQn0u9z4

I blocked someone who kept asking how amazing they look. be interesting or go home:)

• 3d

That is very apt!

Part of my issue is that she doesn't comment or contribute to anything else. She would only just seek other people out for advice on what she wanted.

You may be right, it may have been too harsh. But I just stopped reading. If she does come out of her shell, let me know and I am willing to unblock her

• 1d

thanks mho. She responded to a recent post of mine, better. she's gonna time some serious work though... the wounds are deep.

• 1d

Yeah, they are. Can you PM me who we are talking about?

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t think that what you did is too. It is natural to get annoyed with some people that show no progress and who are unmindful of other people’s time and needs. If you feel she was draining your energy nd she is obviously obsessing over minor irrelevant things and is not providing answers to the gag community I would feel the same way! 🤨

• If someone annoys you, and you feel like blocking them, do so, but remember to unblock after a few days. Otherwise you may be shooting yourself in the foot. She might just have the best answer to one of your questions. I ain't gonna take the risk of leaving anyone permanently blocked!

• 3d

I hear you, but in this case she was not answering any questions of anyone's except posting her own questions. She's been doing it for several months now

• 1d

Thank you for MHG!

• 1d

You bet!