Do you feel the anonymous feature is more beneficial to this site than it is harmful?

I find most time people use the anonymous feature so dont have to take accountability for what they post on instead of try to protect themselves from harassment due to have differing.

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends entirely on how it's used really. Researchers often make qualitative questionnaires anonymous in order to obtain more accurate results and reduce bias. On the flip side it's also true that people can be far more harsh behind the mask of anonymity. So perhaps it should be the management of the anonymous method rather than the anonymity option itself.

1|2
    0|0
  • i generally agree with not posting anon, however, i tend to use anon if i answer a question that has a sexual nature to it. If I use my identity on a post about sex,, a very few guys take it as an invitation to send dick pics to me, or to E catcall me.
    So I am all for identifying oneself, but sorry, I am still going to use anon occasionally.

3|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Beneficial. Cause you can say what you think without feeling weird. Or answer private questions about your sexlife or something like that.

0|2
    0|0
  • This is a website if someone goes anonymous and mouths off to you is it really affecting your life at all?

0|1
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

True but do you feel if we lost the feature would see a great decrease in toxic posts or honest posts.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Definitely more harmful. That's not to say it doesn't have uses, but most anonymous posts are stupid questions, trolls, or thristy guys.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I'd say you're pretty accurate in what you've just said.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is both troublesome and necessary. It's necessary for those who want to ask intimate questions without facing harassment. This particularly applies to females. It's troublesome because it both allows and encourages trolling. My take on it has always been that the anonymous feature should be a privilege that can be removed from a given user should they abuse it.

1|2
    0|0
  • Personally I have only used it to protect myself. If you have ever been in a room full of people and wanted to say something but held your tongue in fear of what people would think afterwards of you, then you know what I mean...

1|2
    0|0
  • It would be nice if it weren't consistently used for trolling or people making multiple accounts to ask the same fucking questions over and over.

1|3
    0|0
  • If someone uses it to share an opinion that wants argument, its more of a joke to me. I can't argue with anons because i think they are too much of a pussy to stare their opinion with their actual name backing it, which shows that they aren't standing that firm behind said opionion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Harmful because that's where all people throw insults. Everytime I post a question and there's a guy throwing insults at me, he is always anonymous.

1|2
    0|0
  • It's actually more harmful. It's giving the trolls and weirdos the power they need to harass 💙😇

2|1
    0|0
  • I think anonymous should be used only for private or sensitive questions. Those how do I look questions with a full face pic whilst being anonymous is questionable 🤔

0|1
    0|0
  • Your use of “accountability” is likely viewed as harassment by others. Today people attack each other when opinions differ.

You just want a visible target 🎯 and mask that desire by saying “accountability” which really means you want to publicly take them to task to stop them from voicing such opinions.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Now when i say "accountability" i mean having to take ownership of what a person posts.

I even state that not want to be harrassed for having a certain opinion is ligament use os the anonymous feature. I would agree with using it to posts content the poster feels is private in nature.

• Show All
    • 9 d ago

What are you on about? Because all i seeing you reacting emotionally to words that trigger to you and try trying to understand what is this conversation is about at this.

It seems to me like you assume i ask for some short of censorship, which i am not.

• 9 d ago

Not emotional. Just cutting through the crap. Why do you need to hold people accountable and have them own their opinion publicly? To me, you evade telling the real truth which is you don’t want them to fully express themselves which anonymity provides otherwise there is no need for it.

• Never used it but for some people it's better for them. Trolls abuse it but I love all my Trolls equally. LOL.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah but a lot of people have fake accounts. Just because you can't see their user name doesn't change anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, give a man a mask and he'll show you his true face. I prefer to see how people really feel, even if it is toxic as hell.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think it’s good cause some of the questions can be sexual I answer anonymous cause I don’t wanna get bombarded also political reasons.

1|2
    0|0
  • It is more bad that good. The anonymous feature just creates more posts but that is not always a good thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • I use it when Im posting something very private so that noone will know that I said it haha

0|2
    0|0
  • It’s not harmful at all. People need to get over whatever nonsense makes them think it’s any kind of problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • More beneficial, if you post something controversial but still allowed on GAG.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't see why a feature would be harmful to a site.

0|1
    0|0
  • And? So? What difference does it make? Who cares what those fuckers post? So what?

0|0
    0|0
  • It ok for someone to be anonymous for somethings but a lot just use it to a ass

0|0
    0|0
  • I use it for super personal stuff

0|2
    0|0
  • Beneficial.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It's harmful

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s fine that people want to be anonymous.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes