Could 346 more people please post a question about Alabama's new abortion law?

Could 346 more people please post a question about Alabama's new abortion law?
I am SO tired of seeing these questions. "How do you feel about Alabama's new abortion law?" How are my feelings relevant? It's their law, implementation of it will probably be stayed by a federal district court or by the Eleventh Circuit, and the US Supreme Court will probably review this and other recent changes to state abortion laws. Until that time arrives, my feelings - and your feelings - are irrelevant. After SCOTUS decides the issue, my feelings - and your feelings - will still be irrelevant.

In the last five days, I have seen more questions about this than I have seen about dick size. This community - at least those who have contributed to the redundancy - have reached a new low!

Okay, rant over. Stand down.

4|11

Most Helpful Guys

• I was just thinking how overly abundant such questions are...

I think people should not allow it to bother them so as it is not within their power to change.

0|1
    0|0
  • As a non-resident of Alabama, I am ignoring these questions, too.

How I feel about it is irrelevant.

1|5
    0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it’s funny. Seeing all the people so worked up over it.

4|5
    1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• "Next minute" soon to be fathers sweating and bitchin about having to pay child support.

2|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

. . . and so many forms of birth control available!

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

Here's the problem some guys think it's a given that they can ditch the condoms when they find out your on birth control. It needs to be taken around the same time every day in order to be effective which can make it difficult to hide it.

• 6 d ago

Yes. The reality is that you shouldn't be having sex unless you are prepared for the possibility - however remote - that you could be creating a new life. I know that is a responsibility that most do not want to face and it is absurdly unrealistic to think that people will abstain, but I oppose abortion and I would much prefer to see women deliver their babies and place them for adoption.

• I think you guys don’t realize the precedent this is setting. This is obviously unconstitutional, the fact that the majority on the Supreme Court are Conservative and could threaten the current legislation of Roe vs. Wade.

Which would be almost half a century of progress, that we have to revisit and reinitiate.

*Sigh* I thinking understanding the opinions of Americans is the best way to improve America.

1|2
    0|1
    • 7 d ago

It is only unconstitutional if the Supreme Court says it is unconstitutional. Sometimes, the Court makes mistakes and later corrects them when given the opportunity. Remember Plessy v. Ferguson? Brown v. Board of Education?

Roe v. Wade is a Supreme Court decision, not legislation.

"Progress" is a subjective evaluation. Being convinced that you are right does not mean that you are actually right.

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

You found a bad definition. Legislation is law that is considered and approved by Congress and signed by the President, or considered and approved by a state legislature, and then approved by the governor.

• 6 d ago

Well it was the first definition google gave to me. But got ya’

• If this law came from some islamic country we'd be hearing the Alabamanese ranting about religious zealots, oppression of women and lack of freedom etc. The truth is the rest of the world is shocked that one of it's own is doing this. Thats why its being discussed not only on here but in homes, pubs, workplaces etc around the working

1|5
    0|0
  • It will almost certainly be stayed till appellate review is complete, which probably won't happen till the Supreme Court hears it and rules on it.

0|4
    0|0
  • I like to pride myself that I was the first to post a question of Alabama’s new abortion law on here

*pats self on back*

0|1
    0|0
  • "I have seen more questions about this than I have seen about dick size."

Huh. This is the second question I have seen about the alabama's new abortion law.

I say the dick-size questions and what-does-it-mean questions are still the most dominant questions asked here. Aside from the how-do-i-look questions of course.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s your voice. We live in a democratic country. I was once a slave by law had I been born 100 years ago...
    people raised fucking hell until my people weren’t.
    Your voice matters. Keep bitching until problems are solved. It’s what America has done forever

1|1
    0|1
    • 6 d ago

So in 1919 you would have been a slave... please learn your history, slavery was abolished more than 150 years ago. 1864 to be exact and was passed into law on January 31 1865..

• I know. I am in law school and I am already tired of this.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

I would be interested in PMing if you follow me. I graduated from FSU College of Law in 1986.

• I won't be posting any questions about abortion. Not now or in the near future. So we can scratch me off the list of crazy abortion questions!

0|2
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Hey that guy asking you about shorts under skirts you should add in a reply with something like "Girls wear shorts under their skirts so perverts like you can't up them"

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

OMG he is definitely a creep. Get all sassy on him and repeatably tell him (until he is sick of hearing it) how shorts under skirts are so perverts like him can't look up and how he will only get to see shorts

• 7 d ago

@staceycrowther I called him out by telling him, "what kind of person leaves a comment about why girls wear shorts under a skirt on another users post"

• I'm waiting for "Has Alabama's New Abortion Law Affected Your Dick Size?" to spice things up a little.

1|2
    0|0
  • These laws are doing nothing but opening up the debate again. The debate never ended entirely, but it was on a low simmer for a few decades. We as a nation have been through this before. It's an ugly debate. These laws will just fire it up again, with no change expected. It's a huge heated debate that serves no purpose whatsoever.

I seriously dislike fake laws, fake bills, and fake proposals that serve no purpose other than political posturing. They are nothing but a dog and pony show. They stir up controversy. They stir up emotions. They provide targets for finger pointing. They create division. All so somebody can score a few political points.

0|1
    0|0
  • C'mon people, we can get this done if we work together. Only 346 more to go!

1|2
    0|0
  • I'd personally LOVE to see more questions about this subject, as well as questions about the "EQUALITY ACT" (HR5)... which has nothing to do with equality.

0|1
    0|0
  • You are completely right,'m sick of seeing it pop up.

0|2
    0|0
  • I will be avoiding posts about abortion from now on. It has become old.

1|3
    0|0
  • The title of this question made me literally laugh out loud. 🤣🤣

0|1
    0|0
  • This is true but having a discussion about it is healthy

1|1
    0|0
  • Agreed with the semantics of the matter. Feelings don't matter around the issue so much, but what you think does. This country is a mixed bag of states, that are a series of experiments and we can look around to see the relevance of individuals systems/ideas that are being implemented. What one state does can set in motion other states to take similar actions. So it is a relevant subject matter to discuss.

Is it the MOST important? No, but it's worth talking about. It's not a matter of "Are you from Alabama? No? Then shut up". What happens in Alabama can happen in Ohio, Nevada and so on.

1|1
    0|0
  • With numerous states making anti abortion laws I think the strategy is to see which one sticks and see how far they can go.

0|1
    0|0
  • You just posted another one.

0|2
    0|0
  • So I preform Abortion Daily they happen to be chickens no one has problems with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why can't this planet earth be in peace?

2|3
    0|0
  • Yes I have seen enough also.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm seriousl having Notre Dame flashbacks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Piss take!

0|1
    0|0
  • What's even funnier, is that this site is supposed to be an international site-its mode are in Turkey
    Why do the whole world care so much about Alabama? 😂

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Triggered snowflakes think the sky is falling but the whole world hasn't noticed and, if it does notice, it won't care.

• People are upset for a valid reason. Their rights are being taken away, and we live in a supposedly "democratic" country. The best way to fight injustice is to speak out about it and take action, and that starts with having conversations and opening up channels of dialogue. If you do not want to talk about it, that's totally cool. However, just because other people are upset and want to figure things out; there isn't anything wrong about that.

0|1
    0|4
    • 6 d ago

Alabama voted over 60% Republician last election. It's safe to assume that the majority of the people in Alabama are conservative.

So what exactly about it is undemocratic if the majority of people in Alabama want that?

• I probably will. It needs to get out there, sorry if it bothers you.

1|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

It is already out there en masse.

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

So clearly it needs to be out there and stay out there until it’s all done away with.

• 7 d ago

You don’t need to agree with me

Recommended myTakes