G@G changed the Private Messaging to keep only the last 30 days (was 90 days) and did not make this universally known. Did you get screwed like me?

G@G changed the Private Message System to retain only the last 30 days of conversation. Previously, the limit was 90 days. I was backing up my MULTI-YEAR conversations, but now I've lost almost two months because I was not informed of this policy change.

Such changes should be broadcast in a mandatory universal fashion. That is, all users are made well-aware in advance of the policy change before it happens and there is no way that the user cannot know of this change the next time they log-in.

Such a policy change without a mandatory broadcast is VERY BAD SITE MANAGEMENT. LEARN FROM THIS, ADMINS.

I am rather furious at this unannounced change!
5 d
This is what's in the G@G FAQ:
https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/features#191
...
What happened to my old private messages?
Messages that are more than 3 months old are automatically deleted by the system.
...

Well, apparently not anymore! Do your due diligence Admins. Learn software configuration management and version control. When you update the software, you need to update the documentation too...
2
4