Why do some of you not follow anyone, or follow very few people?

Are you very selective? Why? Are you like this IRL as well?
Do you actually believe that there is no one, or very few people, of value or who are interesting on the site?
Do you only follow people who follow you?
Do you not consider this site to be 'social media', which is about connecting with others and making friends, etc?
Do you disqualify people if they make one comment you do not like or agree with, so that makes your list small?

And I am not referring to the people who are brand new here (Exper level 1) who are still feeling their way around.
27 d
I'm reading through your comments. Just to be clear - I'm not really asking or interested so much in 'why don't you follow others who follow you?' This easily leads into popularity, gaining the appearance of notoriety, social media etiquette, quid pro quo, all that stuff. My initial thoughts on this were more about some users who are not interested in following anyone of their own choosing.
30
16