If we insult others, are we taking our insecurities out on others?

Societalmess
So I do argue quite a bit on this app as I am very passionate about my beliefs, because I don’t feel like arguing anymore today I wanted to discuss a less controversial topic, arguing.

We have all insulted someone or argued with someone, it’s part of life and you can’t avoid it. Even if you try to. Arguing is sometimes fun and sometimes terrible.

But I run into a lot of people just insulting someone for no reason. For example this morning; a woman asked a question about a photograph and I came across a comment calling her a whore, even though she wasn’t even dressed whorishly at all, it was a normal outfit. So I responded, and said she shouldn’t take her insecurities out on others. She messaged me saying to mind my own business and that she doesn’t care, then she blocked me. If she doesn’t care why would she bother messaging me?

So it begs the question, why do people do this? Why do we take pleasure out of hurting each other for no reason? Why are we such assholes to each other?

We literally gain nothing out of being dicks to each other for no reason.

Not saying it’s not fun to insult people once in a while, but I mean when you’re doing it seriously, as in you legitimately just don’t like someone for no reason.

I feel like people do this because they’re insecure about themselves, and take that out on others. Like how highschool bullies do.

What do you think?
8
2