Do you feel people should have the ability to submit articles as anonymous on GaG?

I've spoken to a few people on the site who claim they would have submitted more helpful articles to the site if only it gave them the option to do so anonymously. In your opinion, GAG users, do you feel article writers should have the option to go anonymous? Why or why not?

136

Most Helpful Guy

• It would not make sense and I will give you my reason.

- Writing an article means that you know something and you want others to know about it (or more specifically you wanna teach others about something others might not know). So would not it be strange that I am getting knowledge but don't know who is giving me this?

- Since articles are most of the times, sharing of opinion and experiences, they are not that sensitive as sometimes questions or answers are.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm not a big fan of using the anonymous thing at all. My thoughts when I see anonymous is that what we are looking at or reading is 100% crap and not credible to begin with. What could you be hiding that you don't want anyone knowing your username? If you are that ashamed or afraid of what you are about to print just don't do it!

• I'm not opposed. As long as they are approved of before hand and can be held accountable, I don't see why not.

Perhaps there can be a disclaimer reminding readers that it would be an opinion article with no proof of experience or specialties.

• Not that I spend much time reading articles as it is, but I doubt that I would read any by anonymous authors. If you want someone to listen to what you have to say, you should have the balls to identify yourself. The internet is already anonymous, so sharing information without so much as a username makes it seem even less credible.

• yeah I think so. because then you can get more honest answer.s because some people might be referencing personal stuff, that they don't want to be linked to their name. Or else they have an opinion they know people will hate, but that's honestly how they think, and they want to say how they think. so I think in a way its good having the anonymous system. its like the debate with the net too, there's a lot of good sides to people being anonymous in that you get so much more personal opinion and thoughts, you know it doesn't need to be popular or unpopular, its just reflecting the truth. and getting people to say the truth is so rare in our world, that anything that allows this should be supported in some way.

• Yes very much so.most anonymous posts are genuine and serious. It's good option as not everyone is eager to "spill the beans" online.

• I agree, it seems a bit silly to have the anonymous feature for questions and answers here but not for articles. They review the stories before they can be posted as a featured article anyway so it's not like they can so it's to make sure nobody trolls on the articles. And who knows how many potentially great articles never got written because people don't want to post it under their name. I had second thoughts about posting the article I wrote for that reason, but I did post it in the end.

• i don't see why not. If people can talk about things in questions and answers anonymously, why not articles too?

• Sure, I don't care. It's not a big deal. Doesn't change the information in the article.

• I am not sure I could understand the reasoning behind writing an article anon because most people don't know you anyway by user names in the real world and profiles can be private. With that said: If the fear of retribution somehow bothers people who so have a desire to write and share valid information with the general public it would not effect my decision to read such article or story if I was interested in it. So yes, I think if they are submitted for approval and pass then sure anon away.

• yeah why not. I don't see being anonymous is a big deal

• Yes of course. If questions can be posted anonymously without contributing any siginificant problems to this website, I don't see what's the problem with creating more option and inviting good information sharing opportunities? This feature also allows people who are really well-informed or knowledgable about very private matters (such as health, sex etc.) to post these article without feeling awkward about it.

• sure why not?...dont they have to be oked by the admins anyway?

• I think this whole site and everything in it should go anonymous

What Guys Said 5

• I don;t think that would make any difference because the only articles that are posted are feautured articles, which means that any controversial stuff will never get posted here.

• I think being able to submit stuff anonymously give everyone more of a freedom of speech. I'm sure most of this people are embarrassed to ask question and get answer because they are concern they will be laughed at or humiliated.

• I don't really see why not if people answering questions can go anonymous.

• yes why not

i think its lame that they don't allow such a thing

• yes, I guess it makes some sense.