I've noticed quite a few GAG users who really are clueless when it comes to giving useful, subjective advice. Instead, they use the post as an opportunity to act like Judge Judy.
Now, it can be tricky to not be judgmental of someone. However, trying to tell someone who they are and proclaim what problems they have based on the limited pixels and characters on a GAG post is absolutely irrational and unintelligent. One post on GAG does not dictate an entire individual's personality. GAG posts are simply one puzzle piece to who someone is. It's annoying when some users arrogantly try to tell you who you are and what you are about with all of their limited, nonfactual experience of you. If someone has not taken the time to get to know you, observed your behavior with those who are close to you, and generally does not know your daily nature as an individual; then THEY DO NOT KNOW YOU. They may have knowledge on one situation of your life, based on the info you provide. Yet that doesn't mean they know the ins and outs of your psyche and it's so arrogantly useless, rude, and tacky to proclaim that they do.
Then when you simply let them know they have misinterpreted you, they forcefully insist on repeating their miscalculation over and over. Seemingly unless you submit to their arrogant assumption. What is the best way to deal with people like this?
Most Helpful Guy
1. GAG is meant to be an open forum to help each other the best possible way
2. It is not a professional advise website where the answerers are professionally qualified to do so
3. People answer based out of their experiences and gut feeling as well as logic
4. GAG admin does ensure that those who cross a line are warned and subsequently terminated if they persist with certain traits
5. The best way is to ignore those that don't meet your requirements
6. You can also block anon answers thus limiting those hiding behind anonymity to barrage you with their own thoughts
7. One can't expect everyone to be the same so there are those who tend to be judgmental and also impose it on someone - at least try to
8. Almost all of us here are anon even if we post our own pics but especially women can't avoid stalkers anywhere - even here
9. We will tend to find all types of people everywhere, while even if blocked if they go anon while answering their answers will reach us
10. As said again best way is to ignore them :)
11. If their opinion is racist or something similar then there's a 'report' link which helps :)1