Men's Top 14 Biggest Turn-offs in Relationships

Men have many turn-offs in relationships too. This topic has been ignored for very long and less focused hence I chose to write a take on it. The turn-offs listed below are major turn-offs for men in relationships. Although they're true for the majority, not everyone includes them as there are always some exceptions.

1. Nagging

One of the top-most turn-offs for guys is the distressing and nagging attitude of the girls. Generally, what guys don’t like is the on-going complaints and issues raised by the girls. When you start finding faults in your guy and rise issues in everything he does, he will eventually get frustrated by you and the relationship.

2. Friendships with your exes

There are many questions about this on G@G. Friendship with exes is one of the biggest turns offs in relationships especially what comes after it. Discussing your ex's stories can make your current boyfriend feel insecure. This makes him think that either your current relationship has got flaws, or you are unable to get the ex-guy out of your mind.

3. Indecisiveness

For those who don't know, Indecisiveness aka indecision is the inability to make decisions.

The indecisiveness is turn off especially on dates. Should I drink Vodka or Wine? Should I eat Italian or Mexican? Should I wear Pink or Blue? Should I use pink lipstick or red? blah blah blah.

4. Entitled

Even if you are in a relationship, you're just like 7.5 Billion people. Demanding too much and entitling yourself actually degrades you. We respect someone whom we love someone. Stop entitling your self, you're already special for your S/O

5. Lack of ambitions

I've seen many women who don't have any ambition in life. They just live to die. It makes you less interesting. If you have ambitions, you can progress. nobody wants to date a completely dependent woman.

6. Bad hygiene

As like hygiene is an important factor for women, it is important for us too. Being unhygienic is a NO for everybody. For men as well as women.

7. Wearing too much makeup

Too much makeup can make you look ugly. of course, we love light makeup but the time women spend on makeup isn't worth.

8 .Making jokes at our expense

I agree Men have un-necessary expenses too. we enjoy gaming even at old age ( not all of us) but that doesn't mean you should make fun of us. Everyone has unnecessary expenses. The fact is, on an average woman spends around $15,000 just on makeup in her lifetime.

9. Social media obsession

If you want to spend time on social media, why do you expect us to willingly share our time with you? It is a big turn off when you're talking to someone and he/she starts using mobile.

10. Attention seeking

Don't be an attention whore (No offense). Baby, I bought a new dress, look at me. Baby, I'm hungry, feed me. Baby, Why aren't you replying me. *After few missed calls* Baby, why aren't you picking up my call. *After he picks up* A spider just bit me! I need to visit hospital! looks at this pimple!!!!!!\

geez nobody wants that. Stop seeking attention. We DO CARE ABOUT YOU! Just all of us don't show it

11. Being 'too easy'

This isn't the turnoff in dating itself but before it. Agreed that guys have double standards in it. If you are too easy, then it turns us off because we don't feel any special. If you are too hard to get, we don't chase you.

12. Overconfidence

This GIF explains it lol. Overconfidence comes with entitlement. considering yourself beautiful even if you're not is overconfidence ( not high self-esteem) And yes not everyone is beautiful

13. Never Complimenting

Yes, as like MEN WANT COMPLIMENTS TOO. The difference is we don't shout it loud. also, some women compliment men as CUTE. Cute isn't a compliment for men. That's a turn-off. If you want to compliment us, call us Hot or handsome, etc

14. Trying to be someone else

If you're in a relationship with someone, that means he loves YOU and only you irrespective of your colour, face etc. the biggest problem is, you always try to look hotter, confident etc but while doing that you lose your very own self in it.

Thanks for reading :)

Let me know what do you think of these turn-offs.

Guys, share if I missed something. And sorry for lengthy take ;)

1726

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm indecisive when he asks me "where do you want to go eat" or "what do you want to do" "when do you want to leave" because I don't want to make him do things he doesn't want to. so i'll be like "I don't know, what do YOU want to do?" or "I don't mind". Like, i'm only indecisive when I have to make decisions that affect BOTH of use because I don't want my boyfriend to agree halfheartedly and go along even though he doesn't really want to. I'd rather do things he enjoys. Is that really a turn off? :'(

• sometimes being indecisive is good. It shows that you care about his decisions too. But always doing it definitely a turn-off. It makes us feel that you aren't capable of taking your own decisions.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Can be turn off but I can tolerate it.
    2. I don't like it but I don't want to look like a jealous freak.
    3. That's kind of boring, but even I can be indecisive sometimes.
    4. That's definitely a turn off, I dislike high maintenance women.
    5. I'm indifferent about this one, I like ambitious women but it's not a "must be".
    6. The usual turn off in lots of cases.
    7. My biggest turn off, I prefer natural beauty.
    8. Naturally, one of the most common turn offs.
    9. Indeed, very big turn off.
    10. Sure, I don't like it, but it's not a big turn off.
    11. I have no problem with that.
    12. Actually, I like women who have strong self-confidence.
    13. Not necessary.
    14. Right, I also don't like such behavior.

• Agreed. These are turnoff for majority but exceptions can be there. Also about point 12, there is difference between strong self confidence and over confidence. I like confident women too but not overconfident.

• Agreed :)

• Thank you for MHO

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 16

• what do you mean by 'too easy'? Does it mean too easy to get to do sex or too ease as in you easily get her to go out with you as in there is no chase? If it's the latter I'm doomed because if I went out on a date with someone and liked him, I would be eager to try it and see where it goes.

• What's with the middle-eastern thing?

Even a century ago in our own nation people didn't like women who have ambitions because they are entitled, opinionated, demanding and blah blah blah. A woman who wanted nothing from life was considered ideal. A woman who remained quite despite the torture was considered ideal. Fortunately it doesn't happen anymore. That Middle East thing was very very rude.

• Well I know I can be indesicive a lot about where to hang or or eat because maybe he wants to relax more especially since he works long hours. And eating wise well I’m a vegan and I ask him where does he want to because I can always improvise. Or I’ll just let him know what I can get from wherever he chooses. XD

• I hate nagging.
    To be honest I did it quite a bit when we had our first and second babies because even though he was home he was never present. I just needed his support that's all, that said I don't have to do that anymore.

• I would say this applies to both, but you made good points, i avoid such people even as just " friends"

• Well tbh out of 14 I only got the nagging part so its not that bad lol

• But what if your guys shows no attention to you. Like not being attention seeking but the littlest attention would be so nice.

• Good take! They happen to be also true for women when you replace too much make-up with too much hairgel.

• With the exception of "wearing too much makeup" I would say that applies to both sides.
    Good take!

• #8 I don't agree with.

• It's not about having a good teasing and joking, it's being mean and inconsiderate. That is not attractive at all.

• @Charleslvajr spot on its ok to have a laugh but if your gonna be a douche about it laugh at us at our expense and not care about our feelings. uh uh you ain't getting a second date

• Agree with most of these 😊 good take.

• Good take!

• Nice list 😊

• "This GIF explains it lol. Overconfidence comes with entitlement. considering yourself beautiful even if you're not is overconfidence ( not high self-esteem) And yes not everyone is beautiful"

So basically
    "Hey girls if you think you're pretty when in my opinion you're not thats a huge turn off"
    WTF is wrong with you

• I'm fucked lol. I love looking nice ( attention whore) and I'm a joker.

• Even more confused about why my ex was turned off.

What Guys Said 25

• These are really true man!

Also when it comes to obsession over (our) money. That is also a relationship killer. Fortunately that's not so common it seems.
    Add bitching about stupid shit also into it. (social media likes on random girls?)

• Yup. I did think about that point as 15th but then I realized we've gold diggers. The sugar daddies who actully love to pay for expenses. That's why I removed it. I think bitching comes under nagging

• Old days were gold days :)

• Yeah! The pre facebook times. Those were times.
      Sadly it's making for us only harder to find a lovely gal.

• They forgot to add one to the list here.

Number 15 should be one of the biggest turn off in my opinion is any woman who Farts really loud in a public place and does not excuse herself and the bad fart that she had just cut starts to stink really bad all over the area.

The woman in the photo attached had Farted so loud once that she blew all of the windows out of the side of her house!!!

• i like easy women. i don't like working hard for it
    but im not marrying her though. if she was that easy to me. how easy will she be to other men

• You have some good points here my dude, but I do find #2 and #3 debatable. I don't really find them as a turn-off, more as an annoyance.

• Arrogance tops all and the associated flaws in it

Lack of compassion/empathy and an inability to communicate

• Stick down lack of empathy, lack of confidence, for me, too.

• Indecisiveness is not a big deal. The rest is a decent list.

• 2, 5, and 11 don't matter to me, but the rest are spot on! ;)

• All of this is just about the same turn offs for anyone really.

• I agree with all except #2. I think it depends on what kind of dynamic their friendship has.

• Never Complimenting, Friendships with your exes they killl the relationship with headshot lol

• None of these annoy me. That's why I'm still happily married.

• Other than #1, #2, maybe #14 the rest can be about guys also.

• #15. Not opening bobs and sending vagene.

• You forgot cheating

• It is a good take!.

• All very true.

• Awesome take

• This was spot on man, good job

• I agree with this myTake

• More from Guys
    5