Why Guys Don't Hit on Pretty Girls

Anpu23

I hear it a lot. "I'm so pretty, but guys don't hit on me?" Or "why do guys never hit on the pretty ones?"

Why Guys Don't Hit on Pretty Girls

There is a reason: because some (not all of course) girls are just cruel. It's usually a loud embarrassing and public rejection. How many of those kind of mean turn downs would it take for a guy to just give up? Not many.

Think about it what how many of these kind of rejections could you take before saying "no, not worth it?"

And I know it's not fair to judge all women by the actions of a few, but how can a guy tell which is which without asking? They can't. So they simply don't.

It's much easier to get rejected online via dating websites, where there is a level of anonymity.

As one guy said, approaching a girl is like a minefield. One wrong word and....

Why Guys Don't Hit on Pretty Girls
42
51
42Girl Opinion
51Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Ratiocinative

Sometimes women can be cruel, they're people just like guys are, however I think the biggest reason guys don't approach beautiful women is because they're afraid. A lot of guys I know are that way and I used to be that way.

Risk taking, courage, and confidence are masculine traits and are attractive to women. Women will instinctively test a guy to be sure he has those traits, especially if her initial attraction level is not very high. If you pass the tests you can increase her level of attraction for you, but if you fail them she'll lose whatever interest she had in you.

For example, before I knew anything about women, I went out with this woman twice and she was all over me. Touching all the time, more compliments than I can remember, she mysteriously like all the same things I liked, etc. She even invited me back to her place and we were there until like 4 am. However, instead of being confident in her interest and going for it, I was timid, acted unsure, and I pretty much asked her permission to kiss her. Of course when I asked her out a third time several days later I got the "lets just be friends" line. My lack of confidence completely killed her attraction for me.

This most recent date I went on the woman tried to hug me at the end, even though she had given me all the signs she wanted to be kissed, so I resisted and kissed her instead. She then got a little nervous and started to apologize for making it awkward and asked if the kiss was okay. My response was to give her one final kiss, told her it wasn't awkward at all, and she smiled and giggled proceeded to text me night when she got home and the next day about how great the date was.

So in summary, a guy who is confident is very attractive to a woman. If you don't let a woman's rude or cruel behavior bother you she may just change her mind about you, or other women may notice your confidence and gain interest in you. Be sure of yourself and your worth regardless of rude people and women will notice.

Like 6 People
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• MaskedSanity

Don't you just love how these cunts are talking shit about guys that lack confidence, yet disabled all stats, voting and comments.

What's the matter, girls, can't handle people calling you out on your bullshit? Does criticism shoot your CONFIDENCE?

It gives me great pleasure to know that these girls more than likely sleep around with hot players, get dumped and then whine to each other about how there are no good men left. If only I could be there to laugh in their faces.

I mean look at them, they all look like they're in their late 20s. If they failed at finding a partner by that age while looking reasonably good, says something about their personalities or lack thereof, to be precise.

LikeDisagree 13 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

4150
  • RationalLioness

Just because you can't tell who's going to be an utter bitch or not does not mean that you should give up. To me, that spells insecurity.

And if some woman is rude like that, have a good comeback ready to knock her out.

Like 10 People
    Reply
  • DarkHumorRUs

Fact: guys hit on girls
    Fact: guys don't hit on ugly girls

You're wrong, sorry. Hell, I'd rate myself a 5.5/10, not that great looking, but I only TALK to girls who're pretty (by choice). So yeah I hit on pretty girls.

Like 9 People
    Reply
  • Ozanne

So the poor actions of a few, mean the rest of the women have to pay for it? Ughh.. We have all been in a situation where we try and say something to a person we like and get shot down, girls and guys alike.

Here's a trick: Don't hit on a girl when she's with one or more of her friends. She is likely going to turn right to her friend for a reaction. Firstly, the girl you *don't* hit on is going to be jealous of her friend, and put you down. She'll listen to her and not want to appear foolish so she'll buy in to it. "Oh my god, that guy with the crooked tooth just talked to you, gross." Believe me. I went through this with girl-friends who were jealous. I was the one getting the attention, and they reacted poorly. Secondly, she looks to the friend as an audience as if to unfurl her feathers and show her she can get any guy, even if she's not that pretty.

I think it's better to find a woman alone, but don't be a creep. Or else look for a group where you have common friends, and there are guys in the group easily entertaining the other girls in the group so you can pick one out and she's not so focused on by her female friends.

It's a good myTake, but just UGHHH... I hate the thought that the actions of a few have made men gunshy to try again. So you might strike out, but you will always be alone unless you make moves again, or put yourself in a situation where you allow moves to be made on you. (And yeah, online dating is where most women sit and wait to be spoken to, so that's usually a poor place to find a quality girl.)

Like 2 People
    Reply
    • I married twice. The first time was a woman from my every day, real world life. She gave me a son and nothing else but a long list of betrayals. I divorced her and obtained custody of my son. When my divorce finalized, I joined eHarmony. Within 7 months, I met the woman who would become my wife. We will have been married for 9 years this coming June. She is the woman I always should have been with. She is the woman with whom I will grow old.

Without online dating I don't know that I would have ever met a woman of this quality. I'm a homebody. I work in an all male environment and I always have. I bristle at the idea that online dating is a lesser experience, for people that can't hack dating in the real world. If anything, I regard myself as someone born a quarter century too early. Had the technology of online dating existed 25 years ago, I no doubt would have already celebrated my silver wedding anniversary.

• Ozanne

Congratulations, and I'm sorry to generalize. I should know better. I have just found in my experience - maybe it's the younger crowd that don't take it as seriously.

• Thank you. I mean no conflict between us.

Whenever I encounter generalizations that marginalize my own experience I respond in defense.

My life is settled. My concern is for a younger version of myself taking diparaging words (regarding online dating) to heart at the cost of his own best interests.

• Miphee

Men have to understand that rejection is a huge part of courtship and it exists for a reason. What would be the point of courting if every single girl would say yes the first time you approach her? Why do you feel humiliated when a girl rejects you with an attitude? Do you know her or any of those people she is with? Do you have to interact with her afterwards? No. With her mean attitude, did she show you what kind of personality she really has? Yes. You just dodged a bullet dude, be happy about it! It's much better to get rejected by an asshole than dating an asshole. Move on.
    You also have to understand that hot women get bombarded by (often drunken) men all the time, most of those are way out of her league. It must be extremely tiresome to get constantly hit on by men who get loud and offended when their egos can't take the rejection. Some women handle it better, some just develope that mean attitude that makes sure the guy gets the message (forget that fake YT vid, it's fishing for viewers). I don't blame them. No offense, but when a really hot woman gets approached by below average guys it must be a pretty shitty feeling. Be honest guys: do you feel good when a really ugly girl wants to date you? I bet you feel like "am I so ugly that she thinks she has a chance with me?" Now imagine this with a hot girl every time she goes out with her friends, she has to deal with creeps and drunks who fumble around her all the time. Not so amusing is it?

Like 3 People
    Reply
    • Excellent answer. You have to look at the whole picture. A lot of guys seem to think women just enjoy being mean for no reason.

• beachflowersmusic

Guys have balls, use them?
    Ps girls aren't catogorised in being either "pretty and mean" or "pretty and not mean". Every single woman living on this earth have both labels with in themselves. So next time you go to judge the opppsite sex, you'd be better off having a clearer think. Maybe it's not the women, it's an even chance it's how you or any guy approach women.

LikeDisagree 9 People
    Reply
    • Such maturity in such a young age! You are 100% right! My reaction to men all depends on how they approach. If they approach in a disrespectful or a "you can't say no to this " attitude they get the mean side of me. If they approach respectfully and with a healthy amount of humility they get the nice side of me weather accepting or rejecting ! So it all comes down to HOW you approach determines which side you get ! Great response !!!

• chiboy23

Me myself always go for what I want. Some guys are scared of rejection. Guys most realize you will strike out more then that homered but eventually you'll getting it.. a lot pretty women are intimidating to insecure men.. women like confidence do if he's lacking that an you're attractive, you might get looked over

• 1GuyOpinion

I think it bullshit. Pretty girls in my area got guys hitting on them all the time.

If the girls think the only reason why guys don't hit on them is because they are too pretty, they are completely delusional.

LikeDisagree 9 People
    Reply
  • shadowlegend

Get of your arse and go hit on a guy, problem solved. See what it's like for a change and stop complaining.

LikeDisagree 10 People
    Reply
  • Arcano

I am going to be honest, except in a party setting, I do not see guys - or anyone else for that matter - "hitting on" women. There might be the casual conversation or smile, but that's it. Never mind "pretty girls." Where is this expectation of being pursued/pursuing originating from? Has it just sprung from movies? Environment decides it, from my observation.

Like 4 People
    Reply
  • AleDeEurope

I don't know about you, but the prettier girls are the nicest ones, like, the ones that are solid 9's or 10's are the nicest ones, since they get less attention and therefore aren't conceited. Obviously it's not always the case, but most of the time, in my experience, it's true.

by the way, the video is fake, it's all setup, that's why the name is Humiliatrix, which I looked it up and it's something related with the pleasure that men get from being humiliated. But anyways, the only very pretty girl in the video was the blonde on the right, the middle one was average, and the one on the left was below average.

LikeDisagree 12 People
    Reply
    • Uh oh, ugly girls downvoting me? xD

• Ahahah, I'm sorry but your comment about being down-voted is too funny ;')

• @Craziest_Damn_Mofo xD Only insecure people downvote a personal experience, it's if I downvted you for saying that you once saw a dog poop on a cat, it makes no sense xD

• PhoenixRisingDK

Because more often than not, they're fully aware of their own sexual market value. And this allows them to be complete assholes.
    And as decent guys increasingly become aware of this, they see no point in pursuing redicule.
    And since most of'em are equipped with the IQ of a doorstop and doesn't mature until well into their 40's, they're simply not worth the effort.

LikeDisagree 7 People
    Reply
  • DaddyRollingStone

Hot girls are traps, they usually always have something wrong with them. They drink too much, they swear too much, they sleep around too much, they have too many undesirable traits but they get a pass for their sex appeal.

Sacraficing attractiveness to be with a girl you can actually respect seems ok in the longrun.

LikeDisagree 8 People
    Reply
    • Hefziba

Not all of them. Some of us are just waiting to me a worthy guy. The one guy who cares, respect n love us unconditionally

• And girls who like to drink, smoke, and have sex while they wait usually wait a long time. Some never find a love.

You may not do that personally but you should know that a decent man wants a decent woman.

• Botchie

So I agree with you very little on this. Everyone has a "flaw" to them, but that's what makes us unique. I don't believe there is such a thing as a woman sleeping around too much. She has every right to sleep with whoever she wants and as many people as she wants just as guys can. It's so wrong to judge a person's entire character based upon who/how many people they sleep with.

• DanHart

Honestly, any guy with enough knowledge of human nature can make out such b*tches in no time. There are plenty of very beautiful girls who aren't like these 3 in the video.

You can also tell whether they're like these 3 by looking at their faces, especially the one on the left with tattoos on her arm. It's always the same pattern.
    Never talk to such a girl.

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
    • Jamesol1

Yeah agreed I can smell the nasty ones from a mile off. It takes one glance at them to know...

• carelessxwhisper

I'm sure there are girls who are mean with their rejection of a guy, but not every girl is like that! If a guy I don't like approaches me I reject them in the nicest way I can. I might say, "sorry I'm not interested" or something. I think it's silly and immature to be rude to someone who had the guts to approach. One time though, I rejected this guy, his female friend pulled me over to him, and after I kindly declined, he said to me "well, you aren't that pretty anyways." LOL bitter much?

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Random_chick_2384

Those girls are awful! I would never do that to anyone unless they did something phycial to me. by the way they aren't that pretty so I don't know who they think they are to treat anyone like that. Even if they were drop dead beautiful they shouldn't be doing that to anyone. Plus a super hot guy wouldn't apporach someone like that bc he would be way out of their league. Thoses ugly old hags need to go back and hide in their cave. And think about what they have done.

Like 2 People
    Reply
    • JaysunPro

I love you in a cave, in a boat, in a moat. I love you in the morning and the evening. Everyday till death do us part.

• @JaysunPro Is that like a song or something lol bc I don't know it 😁😔

• JaysunPro

I just wrote it. It's not a song yet. It's a rough draft and a strong approach. Hopefully you get him un protecting of his dignity condescending you at you're disposal to make himself feel better. Xoxoxo

• Botchie

I feel like this is a very in depth question/opinion with many reasons/justifications for it. I'd like to make clear that on the scale of people who get hit on, men in general are below even the reasonably unattractive girls (Not the super out of shape + unattractive girls). So it'd be nice to see some change in that department rather than this "standard" where guys must hit on girls *first* and not vice versa. But since that won't change over night, we'll address things how they are.

Girls in general are hard to approach because their reaction is hard to predict. Plus, as Louis C. K. says men don't really have a reason to talk to girls, so of course the first thing we are gonna say is B. S. (or seem completely random). There are no clear indicators that a woman wants to be approached. I'm all for having a conversation, but if the first thought that goes through a woman's mind when I start talking to her out of the blue is "why is this guy talking to me", then its already a lost cause. The mentality should be "I wonder if this guy is worth talking to again after this conversation. Let's see where this goes" I mean, worst case scenario is that a friendship comes out of this. I know a lot of guys wouldn't really settle for just a friendship at first, but if that's the case, he isn't really a guy you should date/be friends with in the first place. Getting back on topic, attractive women are usually assumed to have higher standards than other women because we feel that they know they are attractive and have the best chance of getting a guy they want. So combine the assumed expectations along with the not really having a reason to talk to random women in the first place and there's your answer for why attractive women don't seem to get hit on as much as they feel they should.

I still stand with my belief that people should go after whoever they want regardless of their own gender. Why stand by? Remember, they'd react/think the same as you if you approached them

Reply
  • ManOnFire

Don't forget that pretty to 10 guys isn't very special to 10 or more guys. So it's all about what the other person is seeing. And yeah, often times "pretty" girls are the ones that are sure guys are going to be into them, so guys will try to avoid those types.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Mustachekitteh

Those 3 girls are a bunch of horrible cunts. Plus I feel so bad for the guys they rejected. I will say they need lots of hugs. :(

Like 6 People
    Reply
  • Sbgirl

I think guys should just go for it - people tell me I'm pretty, I don't really see it but hey, I've never had a boyfriend and I know of some guys who have liked me in the past, but have been intimidated to ask me out. Even if I didn't want to date the guy, I would be nice about it and would be extremely flattered in the first place.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • that's probably what they're scared of, the chance of "Even if I didn't want to date the guy, I would be nice about it and would be extremely flattered in the first place." lol

• Sbgirl

Yeah, I guess. But someone's gotta try lol

• "But someone's gotta try lol"

Why not you? Why wait for guys to do it?

• SunDevil11

I almost always either assume she is either taken or that I am not "hot" enough and would have barely anything to give her in a relationship to keep her interested. I also assume I would get looked down upon by her friends (at least at first) because they would probably think "oh she can do better than him". Plus I am still finding myself in this world and working on my body to get in shape. I will treat my future girlfriend like she deserves though :)

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Show More (71)