Why does he act like we're boyfriend and girlfriend when were not?

I can't really explain it, but me and my guy friend are platonic friends and he'll act super jealous about guys, as if I am his girlfriend or something? He even lied to my friends and said we're getting married, lmao. He was mad about this girl and what she said about me and he was like "I am going to say to her, yeah I have been in a relationship for 2 years with Sara (which is me)" He even said one time to my guy friend "She is mine" "She is MY girl" and when he slept over my house one time he put his clothes next to mine and he put my boots next to his shoes, lol.

And he needed to use my phone and he was like "Why are you so jumpy" "Are you sexting guys?" I was like "NO" then he asks where I am at all the time. It's just odd. LOL. Why does he act like I am his girlfriend in a way? I can't really explain it cause you would have to see him and me in person to get the full idea, haha. Any comments or opinions? Please share! Thank you! :)
4
2