Need advice on my guy's slip up... what should I do?

Ok guys. First off, yes... shame on me for going through my guys phone initially. I have never been the type of person to do this before. For some reason, I hadn't believed my boyfriend when he told me he was just texting his ex girlfriend innocent stuff. Upon going through it, I found several texts. The first were a few reiterating the fact that he missed her. Then she told him she was at the beach and he says "you should send me a pic ;)" I didn't really like this either. Talked to him, kind of let it go bc he didn't really have an excuse other than flirting. Fine. The WEEK after, I was on his Mac laptop & a message from his ex came in (after he told me he was no longer talking to her.) So I snooped on the convo again. This time, I was more upset. These messages included her saying that her parents said she could see them getting back together if some things changed and she said "I laughed." My BF said "I wouldn't exactly laugh, it's not that hard to imagine. Crazier things have happened, just saying." So now, I am extremely suspicious & cannot trust him. I no longer feel he wants to be with me and really would rather be with her. But he claims he was just being stupid, he does NOT want to be with her, & really does want to be with me. But I am SO confused now. Anyone, PLEASE HELP. This has been killing me, especially bc he's in AT for the military for the next few weeks (not helping only sporadically talking to him.) I would appreciate any honest advice! Thank you!
Need advice on my guy's slip up... what should I do?
Add Opinion