I though he liked me but now I'm not so sure? please help me! what do you think?

a few weeks ago this guy started looking at me, literally every time he saw me he would look in my eyes. He's never noticed me before? I walked past his class room and he was near the door and as soon as he saw me he stood halfway out the door and looked at me and smiled, we started talking a lot more after that and very time he saw me he'd touch my face with his hand or pull my hair or something and we'd talk. I've been with his friends and him in three separate occasions he's put his arm around me and one of his other friends
were going to the same work placement and we've been taking the train and bus home together ( train with all his friends, bus it's just me and him) when were together on the train we'll usually sit next to each other and our shoulders/ legs will be touching he play fighted with me after I threw grass at him and he would look at me even if were were talking with his friends
when it was me and him on the bus together he let me but my head on his shoulder and didn't say anything
he told me I looked nice in my dress on Wednesday and then at lunch when he saw me he tried to hide behind his friend ( in a jokey way i though ) anyway when I went to meet him to go home I saw him smile and out his hand up in a wave but a few minutes later a guy he was with ( who doesn't like me) said he said "oh f**k" when he saw me" then when it was just me and him he asked me 3 times "why are you here" and the next day he kept asking why I wasn't with the friends I made. but before we left that day he side hugged me. yesterday he was sitting at the back with someone he had to make a poster with and me and my friends sat at the back I left 2/3 seats between me and him, he looked at me said "oh no" in a jokey way? but 2 seconds later her whispered something to the girl he was next to and they swapped places (he was on the end now she was nearer to me) but then later in the lecture hall he was just staring at me again and at lunch he had been lightly slapping my leg
2
2