Why would an ex husband be ashamed/embarrassed when I see him with his new girlfriend, even though we split because I cheated on him?

Basically the question says it all. My husband and I were deeply in love, but I lost it and cheated on him. He waited for over a year for me to sort my head out but I never got there in time and we divorced. This was well over two years ago now and he has recently started dating again. But the few times that I have come across him and his girlfriend he has acted really oddly. Either desperately trying to avoid me altogether or acting very embarrassed. Just curious as to why he would act this way as it's been years since we split!! Any ideas?
4
1