Is he acting like we are together, do you think? What do you think he's thinking?

He brags about me to his friends (in front of me) and often does small things like recommending a type of coffee or whatever he thinks I'd like - like at the store when we're with a group he's like "(name) I think you'd really like this one" and "no don't give her that she won't like it" and filters the jokes and stuff his friends want to tell/show me. Like he doesn't control me at all - he just says what he thinks I'll like and always looks out for stuff like that and I think it's kind of sweet. He also shares food and drinks and stuff all the time with me. And actually wears my sweater (which has my name on it) although he takes it off if we're going somewhere we know a bunch of people.

He also talks about the future like telling me I should work where he ends up or likewise. We're not officially together but he acts like we are - ? He gets annoyed by guys flirting with me and has told me he thinks he'll won't be able to function for like a week if I ever leave. (He's not creepy FYI! He said he thinks he'll be really sad and will have a low period. Then he tried to turn it into a joke.)

I think part of him not acting on it is he knows I want to leave our town ASAP to pursue a career God willing - he really doesn't want me to go but he also wants me to succeed. Oh and people joke that we should get married and he's actually done so as well, in front of friends.

What do you think is going through his head? Sorry this is so long.
2
2