Why does he take hours to days to reply to my text? Is this any indication of his level of interest?

My ex boyfriend and I dated for 3 years. We loved each other very much but the distance (we live in opposite sides of the country) became too overwhelming for me and I ended the relationship. 5 years later and I still love him. A few months ago I reached out to him and he seemed genuinely happy to hear from me. He even brought up the topic of us dating again in the future and told me he still had strong feelings for me. But in the last month or two I've noticed he's become distant. Before he would, for the most part, initiate contact and reply to my texts within minutes to an hour whereas now he takes 5+ hours to a week to reply. And when he finally replies, it's usually after 8:30 pm (11:30 pm for him). Personally, I think he does that to avoid texting back and forth. Although he still replies with long text messages, he usually doesn't give me a reason why he takes so long to reply, and in the rare occasion that he does give me a reason it's because he's "too busy". I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first but this has been going on for a while now. I told him if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore he can tell me, I can take it. He insists he isn't ignoring me and that he would tell me if he didn't want to talk to me. My friends tell me to move on because he's just not that into me. Thoughts?
0
2