Does a good morning text mean anything?

So I've been texting this guy for almost 3 weeks and we talk everday except one time for like 2 days. Anyways, were both attracted to each other and all but we kinda talk as friends (as in no pet names or anything) just once in a while he calls me hun or suga and sometimes sends a heart when he's sayin goodnight. There's of course breaks throughout the day during texting but for a guy he's pretty good with it. So last night he fell asleep during texting and we both do that and just talk the next day but this morning he sent me a good morning text which he's never done. Do you think he was just being nice or is he kinda showing he likes me more? This may mean nothing but I'm just curious.
  • Nah he was just being nice
    Vote A
  • He's showing he's into you
    Vote B
  • Have no idea, you'd have to ask him
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
And I don't mean for this to sound like I'm a dumbass lol I know it literally just means good morning but he never did it before so I was curious

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Ok.. so personally i think good morning text do mean that they like u a bit more.. i mean... why else would you wakeup to just say that? If he sent it only to you im guessing it means he thought about you when he woke up... thats what i do when iwake up and i've been talking to my crush theought the night.. just a morning text so can know that i was thinking about then when i woke up. But thats just me.

4|1
    0|0
  • Nah baby girl he's definitely digging u, lol.
    take it from a dude our age if a guy send u a gm text everyday epically for 3 week his prolly hoping to take ur friendship out side the "friend zone"like for instance I got a good morning text about a half hour ago I still haven't answered yet but I bet wen I do she gona wana talk all day even if we're not saying anything ๐Ÿ˜‚
    the sum of it all is if he's talking to u on the regular basis , cares about ur well being and always wants ta b around ya then u definitely got the kid love struck ๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿ˜
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    hope my advice helps๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

2|0
    0|0
    • Lol yeah true that but he only did it the one time so I don't know maybe he second guessed himself. Aw I hope so man๐Ÿ˜Š Same here we just talk about whatever even if its boring lol Thank you!

• Show All
    • Hey hey! there u go conference is key! trust that๐Ÿ˜‰good luck!!

• Yeah that is very true! Only way to find out lol thank ya! ๐Ÿ˜€

Most Helpful Girls

• if your interested text him good morning back and good night. things like those.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I replied good morning too nd sometimes am the one to say goodnight when he falls asleep

• Show All
    • So far it's the same but he kinda teases me a little in a flirty way and we text more than before. We've talked today since like 12 till now

• yeah i think he's interested in yuppie

• I think its super cute when guys do that because a lot can be really lazy when it comes to texting to think they took time out of their morning to do it is super cute

1|0
    0|0
    • I know right it's sweet, just that little text can make a difference, thanks!

• Yeah haha totally :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Yes. I wake up to an inbox full of new emails, fb updates, ig hearts, news alerts, phone battery nearly dead, and let's be honest, my clash of clan troops needing built. If I am taking the time in the morning when I'm late to wake up for the day and everything else going, to write you a personal good morning text, it means I am thinking about you, and likely that I like you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Very well put lol I see what your saying, thank you! :)

• It more or less just means he was thinking of you, and cared enough to say good morning. It most likely means nothing at the moment. But it could be the trigger for something more possibly, ya never know.

1|0
    0|0
    • Perfectly put, I agree with you on that! Thank you :)

• Not a problem, glad to offer any kind of help I can.

• I do it all the time ! a G'morning when I awake, and a kiss with G'night and a bunch of xo's

if your S/O somehow gets a chance to look at the phone as he or she is working, they'll have their days changed from worse -> better. it'll get them through that final hour... Trust. Me.

1|0
    0|0
  • What if he is confused? Maybe he likes dudes, or maybe his heart is with another woman who is with a diffetent guy. It coukd be numerous reasons or none. So instead of poluting your head with nonsense ask him straight up! Do you want me or not! His answer will clear the air one way or another

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he's been thinking about you.
    It's generally a good sign.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not take it as a sign for you that he's interested?

1|0
    0|0
  • I would think oh my gosh she is the nicest person ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • its an extra, so i would take it as he is interested in you. i dont send good morning texts to my friend girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Means youโ€™re the first or one of the first things that person thinks of when they wake up

0|0
    0|0
  • He's showing that he likes you, this is all good signs.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means "good morning" I was thinking of you

1|1
    1|1
  • In each country, the same question lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I've done it before when Im tryin to get laid

1|0
    0|1
  • Good morning

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it means anything Fer.

0|0
    0|0
  • might mean someting as @niceguyscumlast said

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely , that guy want to go to the next level

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never given a girl a good morning text because I feel like to give a girl a good morning text it means you really love them and I've never loved a girl that much

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems pretty obvious that he is into you.

1|0
    0|0
  • My big question is if a guy sends a "good morning" text to his girl just about every morning and she takes forever to respond, she's home and on Facebook, but takes almost over an hour to reply should he continue to text her in the mornings or stop and let her start doing it or ask why I stopped?

0|0
    0|0
    • I would personally stop and see what happens. For example, when this guy texted me it was 10 30 or so but I didn't reply till 12 because I was asleep, not on Facebook or ignoring him. But at the same time she could just get caught up on FB or whatever and just forget to reply.

• guess that's my big thing... she seems to forget a lot lately and sometimes its hours for a return call or not even a call back when she says she will... the other night it took her three hours to text me to see if I was still awake... before we hung up three hours earlier she said, "let me call you right back" starting to feel very much blown off when I try and talk to her. If we're together she's constantly on her phone... like hours at a time. When she wakes up... grabs her phone and to Facebook... texts her friends they text her back... phone calls etc... if I'm talking to her and someone beeps in she tells me to hang on... however if I call and it beeps that she's on another call she never switches over for me. Not a priority I am guessing lol

• Aw I'm sorry that's a sucky situation, like you're putting in all the effort and she doesn't seem to notice or care. I would start slowly taking longer to reply and call (basically do what she's doing to you) and I think she'll notice you being more distant and it'll make her reach out to you more. It may sound childish but she'll realize how it feels when she does it to you I think. She's knows you're gonna drop anything for her and basically she's used to it so she doesn't think anything of it. This is just my opinion but I'd give it a try or just simply tell her how all this is making you feel.

What Girls Said 11

• Good morning texts tell others you care for them. This is usually done by a bf/gf, close friends, family, etc.
    The fact that he texted you something so sweet and simple in the morning, means that he cares of you and definitely serves as a reminder of him throughout the day :)

I think he's definitely interested in you! If a guy sends you a text like that first thing in the morning, it means you were the first person on his mind :) That's super cuteeee :3

0|0
    0|0
  • He's definitely into you. But time will tell if he wants to take it further or if he's texting other girls too. Will you please look at my most recent question? Thanks!

1|0
    0|0
  • well you are obviously on his mind the minute he wakes up which is cute! ๐Ÿ˜ป

1|0
    0|0
    • :) I hope so, it is cute thank you!

• Those exact same things happened to me except he called me squeaks (still does) instead of sugar XD Annnnnd now we're dating, I would say he's into you :D

1|0
    0|0
  • This boy is into you and with a little more getting to know one another, there is magic here where there could be a relationship in the near future. Continue what you are both doing. It's working.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just text him good morning back and play it cool.. go with the flow it might turn out good

0|0
    0|0
    • I did so far it's going good, thank you!

• See just relax I just did the same thing to myself

• You text good morning because you're thinking about that person. He was thinking about you :)

0|1
    0|0
  • studies have shown that such little things can lift your moods

0|0
    0|0
  • Means he is thinking about you in the morning :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd consider it really cute and adorable if I was a guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • He has been up for awhile and nothing to do just yet, so was thinking of you and might be up for some comms to kill boredom with smiles.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah true, he was actually leaving for school when he sent that. Thank you!

Recommended myTakes