What do guys think of girls with deeps voices?

Or would you rather a soft voice? My fiance always says my voice is deep
  • Prefer soft
  • Prefer deep

1758

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 57

• I like to settle for a happy medium. As someone who relies heavily on the auditory sense for my perception of things, hearing a deep, bassy voice from a woman is a bit of a turn off and comes off as masculine. On the other hand, when the girl's voice is a tad on the high pitched side, she comes of as childish and underdeveloped, despite what her physical appearance may indicate.

• I like a little more soft, but its more complex:

- there are girls with deep sweet voice which can be nice (as long as her voice is not manly deep)
    - there are girls than have soft but very high and even annoying voice, like a screaming mouse

• well i like my girl to be girly and that's when the soft voice and sweet and adorable but also evil one comes out, i just find it attractive like that! and well if the girl does not have a soft voice and knows how to act around me and she has quality's that i'm looking for and has a good hearth voice won't apply! no one wants there girlfriend to be a singer we only want a girl that will show some love and that has a beautiful soft heart! <3

• Deep like?

m.quickmeme.com/.../...b534cede157ac06e7b98063.jpg

If so... no, I'd rather not.

• It's kind of sad how many people are posting men in drag on here. If I was a woman with a deep voice, I'd be plenty offended by this, because that's the exact stereotype they're trying to escape from. It's like making a racist joke in a topic about martin luthor king. Thumbs down.

• I don't care, dude. I dislike women with masculine voices, it may be wrong in your eyes ('cause I totally live for you and your 'thumbs up'), but it's a turn off for me, I've not found any attractive so far. Get off your high horse, guy.

• Personally I prefer a woman to have a deeper voice. It might be unfair, but to me it conveys more character from a first impression. I also just find it really attractive.

• If a girl's voice was too masculine, it would really affect my interest in her. A girl's voice is something that matters a lot to me since I'll have to listen to it so much and it's just something that innately attracts or repels me.

• It really depends on the voice but i guess even if you don't like it, it grows on you, right?

I wouldn't care much anyway, it's not something people chose.

But I voted soft.

• All hail the Queen of Bare Feet.
    31.media.tumblr.com/.../...ujdLE01rpu9leo1_500.gif

• I love a SOFT SPOKEN girl, but if you mean a deep sexy feminine voice that some girls have it can be MAJOR TURN ON. Wish I had a sample/example to show you what I meant by that" though.

• High/soft.
    Guys generally like feminine qualities.
    Girls generally like masculine.

Only girl I dated who had a deep one (sounded like she had a cold) was really manish. Not like cute tomboy still girly qualities, more just off.

• Dr. Girlfriend from the show Venture Brother's... I'd go there (I don't know if that helps).

• Dr. Girlfriend is actually a man doing an impression of Harvey Fierstein in drag

• Sir, are you implying that Harvey Fierstein is not a sexy beast?

• I love Dr. Girlfriend!

• My voice is very deep, deeper than any girl's, so I guess she will always have a softer tone than mine.

• Well i like soft voice But there's nothing wrong with deep voice unless you sound like "The Batman".

Deep voices are fine too

• I'd prefer not a super deep voice, but it's really not an issue for me. I did a girl with a deep voice any day so is everything else was chill.

I care more about what she sounds like when she gives me a BJ lolol

• Will my sister is a professionel body bulder and her voice is pretty deep and her boyfriend thinks its a turn on but since its my sister i really dont care but its not a turn on

• The content of your speech is a far greater point of judgment than the pitch of your voice. That being said, if you sound like that lawyer from Serial, that's not nice. Deeper is better than shrill.

• A deep voice is something manly.

And men like women to be feminine.

• Their deep voice give me a boner.
    I imagine they are better on bed.

• There are many other things in a girl to be noticed and appreciated than deep or soft voice.

• Would be more attracted to a girl with a soft voice. But if she has nice look and nice personality, that shouldn't matter. :)

• It's odd, an ex of mine had a REALLY deep voice even though she was the tiniest thing... It was SUCH a turn on.

• I don't care actually. Girls voices are generally sweet to hear whether soft or deep and that's enough for most guys.

• women with deep voices come off as very mature, very feminine and very sexy. at least to me. but i don't really prefer one over the other...

• If your guy is turned off by your voice, you don't want him.

• As long as you don't talk like how christian bale talks like in batman begins everything is great lol

• I'm a fucking sexy beast thanks to my big manly voice...

• I love a deep and sultry sexy voice... It turns me on...

• i kind of have a thing for smokey/deeper voices they can be soft too ;D

• I like soft voices but a friend of mine really likes deep voices.

• husky mariah carey sorta voice, dang girllllll with voice like that !!!

• Show more from Guys
    27

What Girls Said 17

• im not lesbian but soft voices are beautiful and attractive... like even if her face is ugly but her voice is soft and beutiful then guys go for that ting too... but girls with deep man voices.. even if she is beautiful. and has a beautiful body... guys wouldn't wanna hear a man saying i love you. to them😂😂

• It depends if it's sexy deep or manish deep.

Like seriously you just might have the perfect tone for dirty talk or it might be masculine.

Or do you just mean a bit deeper than other just like in a choir some weomon are sopranos and others are altos. If you say tenner I'm on the fence but buraton or tenner and yeah you have a manly voice.

• Most talented female singers don't have soft voices... In my opinion anyway.
    And if your fiancée is the one saying that, I would think he either likes it or doesn't care much about it, irrespective of what other guys may think of it.

• Im considered to have a voice that is deeper not like a guys or anything tho, I hope guys dont dislike it can't change it, but I wouldn't think they care too much

• I had a lecturer spoke with a soft voice but not clear enough to hear. Wow she seriously put me to sleep. Lots of people also complained about the effect of her voice. I prefer a voice louder than soft, authoritative but firm.

• I feel like I have a deeper voice but I have acid reflux so that's why. But I can sing pretty high so oh well

• I have a very deep, monotone voice. I sound almost exactly the same if I'm happy, mad, sad, etc.
    Even when I sing - I sing a bachata the same way I sing a corrido, a rap song, a balad/love song, a rock song, a heavy metal song, an R&B, a country song, etc.
    My voice is deep and monotone lol
    People are usually surprised about it cuz I'm so short and skinny, so they expect me to sound like Minnie Mouse or something haha. But nope.

I think most guys prefer high pitch cuz it's the opposite of most guy voices (which are deep).

• I would say Deep for sure! Its sexy!

I hate helium like voices , they are so annoying

Both F and M

• I *think* mine is mid range based on those who've referenced my voice. Not high or mousey like some girls but not deep either.

• Like Lindsay Lohan or beyonce? They have deep voices and I always thought their voices were cool

• I think it depends on what do you mean by deep voice.

• deep voices aren;t necessarily bad, if you learn how to adjust it a bit you can come off as incredibly sexy

• deep voices are commanding and sometimes a little too commanding, they can be off putting to be honest.

• I love deep voices

• It can be deep and soft. Very sexy.

• I like deep, but it doesn't really matter.

• No preference, really.