Guys, am I not seeing my new boyfriend often enough?

He wants to see me every day if he can. I need time to myself after work. He doesn't. Also, I live on my own and he doesn't. I have stuff I have to do when I get home and I'm not comfortable yet having my place be at all messy. Or being in loungewear. So I don't have him over much.

We can't really be at his place due to no privacy. So it's all on me. We see eachother 3 times a week maybe. It's been lousy weather out too so that hasn't helped.

I just saw him 2 days ago. I feel like he was weird with me when I said I stopped by a friend's.

I figure I'll ask if he wants to come by on Friday? I don't know. feel like its up to me when we see eachother...
What am I supposed to do? I mean really should he be mad and should I invite him over more?

118

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a right to have a life of your own outside the relationship. He sounds incredibly clingy. I've honestly broken up with girls who were that clingy. I'm not suggesting you do that, but it's perfectly fine to have boundaries and expect them to be observed. If you can't see him every day, say so. Guys prefer honesty to game playing - at least most guys.

We get confused sometimes because we think girls expect us to want to be around them all the time and sometimes we really just want to have some "me time" too.

• I feel like he definitely wants to be with me all the time. He's expressed this and it sounds like its been a problem in the past for him. I have really tried to give this my all and then I feel bad for seeing him less.. I can't figure out how to balance this :-/

Most Helpful Girl

• You guys need to just sit down together and talk about it i think :)