Does it make me a terrible a person to dislike the look of pregnant bellies?

I would love to have a family and kids someday but as of now I feel a little uncomfortable when I see a pregnant woman's belly. I'm studying embryology so I appreciate all that is happening at that period but does disliking how it looks makes me terrible?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that makes you a terrible person. What about it do you dislike though? I mean, do you just think it looks weird or something? Lol I'm just curious.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Noticing that most of the women agree that it is odd looking or that it is okay to think that, while the men tend to say that that kind of thinking is not really good. Personally, I have seen some pregnant women who look terrible. I think it is failure to care for themselves, even before pregnancy. But I have also seen some VERY pregnant women who look beautiful.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• When its your own child growing you will feel differently.. It looks odd but its less of an issue when its your own. And you are still young.. Things may change as you get older.

2|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't make you a terrible person. It's just something that makes you uncomfortable and that's okay.
    You're not obligated to have kids. If you want them, you can adopt them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not really. Aha. You're fine. People have likes and dislikes (: You're a good person!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • no I'm the same, I think it doesn't look attractive at all even though I'll probably go through it someday haha :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol. No. It will be different when it's your baby (maybe). I don't like the look of pregnant bellies, mine included.

0|0
    0|0
  • no there's nothing wrong with that it's normal to not like what a pregnant belly looks like and I dont like that ether and I don't want that to happen to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that makes you a horrible person. Its just something that you don't really like.. Nothing wrong with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just adopt.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not everyone has kids... It's ok:)

• Show All
    • Hmm thrm dont look :)

But seriously probsbly when it's your kid in there it'll be less about aesthetics and you're just going to fall in love with the eho
      E thing

I've heard eomen say the experience of creating life is so awesome they even love the changes in their body. Which I can't imagine but I'll accept as true.

• Fall in love with the whole thing*

• No... I have kids and I hated pregnancy and everything about it! The big swollen bellies, the puking... it is all pretty gross in my opinion. But I wouldn't ever tell your girl that... she'd probably be offended.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know, that's why I'm asking.

• Feeling that way doesn't make you a bad person, in fact I'd say it's pretty common! Most people just don't have the guts to admit that they feel that way. Saying it to a pregnant woman, or one who might BE pregnant in the future carrying your child--THAT might qualify you as a bit of a scrub. Lol So just know that you're normal, but keep that particular thought to yourself. ;)

• No. Just don't hit the belly because of dislike.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• That's my baby in there. Learn to like it.

0|0
    2|0
  • Then you'll have to adopt a child.

0|0
    0|0
  • No problem, just keep these thoughts to yourself if you ever get someone pregnant

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes