Guys: Why don't you like expressing your feelings to women? Do you know that it's okay?

I don't understand why guys feel like they cannot have feelings or that they shouldn't show them. I understand the whole "I need to be a tough guy" ego, but it takes a man to show his true feelings in my opinion.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not that we don't want to typically its a combination of society and ex-gfs. Society teaches us that if we show any emotions other than anger or possibly sadistic joy we are less of a man or not a man at all. Buts its women specifically exes that do the most damage. I know you want guys to open up to you, but despite the stereotypes there are TOO MANY women out there who don't, and think we are "clingy" or "pussies" when we do, even if they are our gfs! I actually had an ex mock me once for crying!

Of course all women say they want us to open up, but few actually respond positively when we do. Give guys a little time, they will realize how lucky they are to have a woman who ACTUALLY supports them when they are sad or stressed out, because despite the stereotypes few women do.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• To be honest, most guys don't like expressing their feelings because they're often scared that you won't be attracted to them if they don't keep their tough guy image, or whatever image they try to maintain. Some guys are super emotional, but most like to build a wall around themselves when it comes to feelings.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. Woman aren't that great at showing their feelings either. Always wanting us to read their minds!! I show my feelings when I feel it's necessary. The other drama is put to sleep!

1|0
    0|0
  • Little kids dont express their feelings ms... but a real men do, and have nothing to hide.

0|0
    0|0
  • If i express my feeling that makes me no different than a woman , i just like the way that i am a man , i think woman wants that from me too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been taken a ventage of and I don't want to show off my feeling to someone until I know I feel comfort

0|0
    0|0
  • Here's the problem men face with this issue. Women say things like "it takes a man to show his true feelings" but then they are also put off by a guy who shows emotions. Society in general is put off by it. Men are considered weak pansies if they do. You can say otherwise all you want but we all know it's true.

You also need to understand that men and women are simply different. Our brains are different. Expressing emotions comes very naturally to women. With men, not so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys have been raised to not show emotions and taught that its a sign of weakness

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes