Is he just a friendly guy or does he like me?

I work with this guy that I really like. Most of the time when we work together, he will stand up front and talk to me for a little bit here and there (we can't around for too long or our managers notice and get mad). 90% of the time, I have to start the conversation. Even if his friends are working that day too he will still talk to me for a little. He is really quiet person but the last time I was around him he was a little more talkative. When I am around, he also put returns away for me whereas other people say he will never do returns. He is also really nice and polite. When one guy asked me out he told me that I could do better than him. Another time, he joked with me and said I was in his way and his hand touched my hip as he walked by ( could have been an accident). All this has been going on for about 3 months. Is he just being friendly or does he like me?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he does like you. Subtle flirting it seems to me, maybe he's not sure if you like him or not. He may also be trying to gauge your reactions and such. He also might be subtle because since the two of you work together and he may be unsure if you feel the same way, he might just not want to make the work enviroment awkward... try giving some more straight forward signals and see how he reacts.