Guys only : What does it mean if a guy literally says "you're cute not hot"?

To a girl I mean... A guy I like said this to me. Is it safe to assume he's not that attracted?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First and foremost, it's nearly offensive to call a girl "hot" nowadays. If you call her hot you might as well just admit it's all about her body and the way she's moving it around.

Depending on how the conversation came about, I might assume he felt it necessary to stay away from the term. Instead, he picks cute -- a word I would say describes more personality than assets -- to better describe you! Maybe it's a good thing, maybe it doesn't matter so much. I don't really see them meaning the same thing, so take it how you will.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'll never be hot. The highest I can pull off is cute. I can't pull off sexy, either. :P

Cute is more of a personality trait. Hot is physical. Sexy is when one is physically hot but has a personality to match the hot physicality.

0|0
    0|0
    • You make it seem like it's a bad thing that you're cute. Cuteness always triumphs over sexy or hot. Cute girls are the ones worth holding close.

• I'm fine with being just cute. :) you get less male attention that way. And the male attention you do get tends to be from genuine guys who actually noticed your personality.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• well there's no way to know what he meant, but if i said it it would mean that you are less overtly sexual and more the type to make a guy feel protective.

... which actually means he's more likely to fall in love

0|0
    0|0
  • It usually means that he considers that girl as relationship material, and not just someone he wants to have sex with!

0|0
    0|0
  • When I use the word "cute" for a girl, it usually means I would like to hold her close. The word "hot" I reserve for the science of physics.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means you have good physical features but not sexy features. You don't have that wild and crazy nympho side or look.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means that he's attracted to you but not sexually

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say that means he's attracted to you just not very attracted to you

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• That you're like a teddy bear and not really good to sex up. You said guys only but I like answering too. Sorry.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes