Guys, do you prefer shy or outgoing types of girls and why?

I'm just curious, since it always seems like most of the guys I know at school only seem interested in the louder, more outgoing girls than the quiet and reserved shy girls.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining or anything, since I'm one of those shy girls, but it's just something I've noticed.

I'm also a sophomore in high school, so the guys there are obviously around my age (I don't know if that matters or not...)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As an older guy I can tell you that there is no right answer. I had a Girlfriend (many years ago) who was outrageous in public, but the sweetest thing ever in private. We have a daughter, we still talk, we have moved on. Now, my next encounter was very shy indeed but a tiger in the bedroom. In any relationship there is the public side, and the private (intimate) side. To sort of answer your question, my personal preference is to the more reserved (publicly). It is what happens outside of the public eye that will either make or break a relationship. Not sure if this at all helpful :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Outgoing. Shy girls are usually considered boring in real life.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I like both for different reasons. Shy is nice because I'm extremely laid back so outgoing all the time gets really stressful to me. Outgoing is nice though because there is nothing worse than a passive person in a relationship. I might as well be dating a body pillow at that point.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like outgoing girls better, simply because I'm the complete opposite. Since i don't talk much, i like a chatty girl who will keep things interesting. My last gf was shy, and since i was shy too, we barely had anything to talk about (this isn't why we broke up though). But since i don't talk much myself, and I'm a good listener as well, i prefer an outgoing girl who will always fill the silent moments.

0|1
    0|0
  • you are dealing with young guys, just remember there are shy guys too, who like shy girls, as guy grow older they just want a girl who is genuine and not pretending to be something she is not, just be yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Outgoing but shy to an extent. I don't want to have to beg you a hundred times to come to the movies with me and friends but a little persuasion to keep things fresh. I also like girls with big egos.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could do either, always find shy girls really cute and dont have much time after work, so generally just relax. Shy girls seem more into that than partying non stop. Plus seems like you have to worry about cheating a lot less.

0|0
    0|0
  • Inbetween, Outgoing and loud are not my type. I prefer girls in the middle with a great personality, girls who are sweet, caring and creative

0|1
    0|0
  • Shy girls every time. You need to bring them out of there shell which takes time. But when you do there thankful and loving.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a sophomore in High school and I much prefer the shy and quiet girls than the outgoing ones. The ones that are shy are usually the nicest and the ones that actually care how a guy feels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im into the quiet type because they're mysterious, can be fun, plus I like getting a challange

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy the Outgoing type. She doesn't have to be loud, Unless I make her that way~ Heyyyyyyy~ -wink wink- kiddin'...

I used to love shy girls until it came to mind that if they're so freakin shy, what're you gonna do with them, just ask them out on a date, and stare at them, hoping that we both laugh at the awkward stares? lol yeah right, that'll happen!

That's my argument, Outgoing > Shy.

Shy girls are still cute though and crush-able.
    ( no not HULK SMASH crush-able -_-" )

xoxo.

0|0
    0|0
  • i prefer loud girls mostly

1|1
    0|0
  • I like a balance of the two

1|0
    0|0
  • the quiet smart ones

0|2
    0|0
  • Outgoing. Though shy girls can be wild in bed.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer shy girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Shy girls, I can relate to them better

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer outgoing girl because why you need to shy in front of the guy you likes. Outgoing girls loud voice make the guy hears clearly that she is fantastic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Quieter girls are definitely easier to approach if they've made it obvious that they're available and not hostile. As long as I know that you're quiet by personality and not because you're not enjoying yourself or you're unavailable, I'm probably more confident around quieter girls.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes