He showed me signs of liking me, yet he rejected me?

So, there is this guy in my class (I’m 16) that I’ve had a crush on for a long time now.. We’ve known each other for 7 months now (?). And he is such a nice guy, but my problem seems to be that he showed all sorts of signs of liking me.. First of, he always stares at me in class, and when I say always, I mean ALWAYS! Each time I look behind (I sit in the front row and he sits in the back row) I can see him staring at me. And to top it all, he won’t break eyecontact ( i’m usually the one to do so, since i shy out.) besides, when he stares, his upper body is directed to me or where I am standing in the room. He also gives me more attention when talking in groups and he constantly teases me to a point where it actually hurts as well, but he often apologizes later on. He also tries to find subtle ways to touch me i. e
gives me high fives for no apperant reason. Oh and maybe a month or two ago, we were at this theatre with our class and we were all dressed formally.. We actually matched (relax, it’s relevant) and I ended up sitting in front of him during the play, and he would constantly lean towards me to the point where i felt his breath on my neck and even caress my back (don’t judge!) and I took all this as signs. And according to a lot of websites, these are all legit signs for a guy liking you, yet he rejected me (actually quite nicely) on Facebook chat (I am slightly shy when it comes to boys AND this is all new..) a couple of days ago.. it stinged, but I’m okay.. the only thing that really bothers me now is why he would lead me on like that? My friends think I’m deluded, but they only work with the info I give (they all go to different schools).. The only reason I confessed my feelings in the first place, were because I was “sure” his feelings were mutual..
Since we have a winter break I'll uptade you when school starts.. We snap (snap chat) a little and seem to "talk" as usual.. I was very awkward around him and would often stay quite something does not match my personality at all! I'm very loud and he knows that as well, but I'm all quite around him.
So It's been a month now, and we are pretty much back to square one (not speaking...) suprisingly enough I was pretty cool about it (after a week or so) and at school both he and I acted as if nothing had happened and no one in our class knows about it.. Besides he is continuing to stare blankly at me any given time, but hey! I can't control his eyes, he can do whatever he wants. His loss ;P

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I just know you'll win him over, all you have to do is make him feel more comfortable around, after that he won't be able to keep his hands off of you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that he probably wanted something with no strings attached.. a lot of guys i know are like that.. and if you're not into that sort of thing then thats obviously cool and all and if he's one of your friends then he'll understand.. maybe he has issues with relationships or even admitting his feelings to others so he shuts off and backs away.. i know from experience that thats how i am.. any sign of someone liking you and you just freak.. give him time, carry on like you were before with him and maybe he'll come around! I really hope this helped:-) x