How important are crushes to guys?

Boys, tell me what goes through your mind when you have a crush.

4|1

Most Helpful Guy

• crushes are like when you are in elementary school, when I am interested in wanting to get to know a young lady, I would first try to talk to her finding common ground, finding like interests. If I don't see any common interest, I will not proceed in the direction of wanting to hook up with her on a one on one relationship, being friends is okay. If there is some common interests with us, I would find what she do for fun and join her group of friends, I would interact, talk with her friends get to know them as friends because unually the friends of the girl you are interested in are her first to go to for advice. I never rush this process because this is the time in getting to know this girl that you are interested in, observe her how she acts around others, how she speaks, replies to other, to me with her friends around, these are key things that I look at when finding the one. when the time comes and I see that she is the one for me, Call me old fashion, but I wil go for her parents, I would tell them of my interest with their daughter and get their okay and then talk with the girl I am interested in and ask her of her thoughts of us if she sees it going anywhere, if so I would asked if she wants to go out on the town one on one and maybe get something to eat talk, do something together and basically start dating her. I believe when I date a girl she is the one I will marry in the future, I don't date to just date, I make a purpose why I am dating.

7|0
    2|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 107

• My crush makes me get very nervous. Although we actually know each other well and such, she still makes me nervous to talk to and I get butterflies in my stomach. Whenever we are texting and she doesn't respond within 10 minutes, I start asking myself what did I say that made her stop talking to me, why did I say that, etc (sometimes she apologizes and says she was doing something).
    What goes through my mind? Nothing and everything at the same time: I cannot think of one thing to say to her that will be funny or interesting, but at the same time I have soooo many things I want to say to her.
    Guys' crushes can change who they are for good and for bad, but when I talk to her, it makes me happy and hopefully makes her happy too. However, if she were to go out with some other guy (happened to one of my best friends) if would really "crush" me. I guess that's why it's called a crush...

I just want to point out that some girl went through the comments posted 4 hours+ ago and down voted all of them lol.

8|1
    0|0
    • omg omg omg that was so cute u r so sweet and adorable this girl is soooo lucky i hope she knows that

• Show All
    • Woops @jeffrey625625

• Holy shizzles, there's a woman at the age of 98 named Jeffrey?

• Here's a glimpse of my mind.
    Special quotes:
    "Ask her out"
    "N*gga ask her out already"
    "She's losing interest"
    "Omg, why is she not texting me back?"
    "She is such a b*tch, she's probably ignoring me."
    "Oh sh*t, here she comes, what are you gonna say to her?
    "Why is that guy talking to her, get away"
    "Why do people always seem to cockblock me?"
    "I give up, I'll never gain courage to ask her."

7|3
    0|0
  • Very important to me, it's like my favorite soda.

upload.wikimedia.org/.../Orange_Crush_box.jpg

Just look it. Orange beauty.

8|2
    1|0
  • Whenever i have a crush, i tend to think of a future with that person, haha i kind of get ahead of myself a bit, but i like to just think of what kind of possibilities are available if we were together, and just how happy we could be.

8|1
    1|0
    • Me too, but people think that's weird cause I'm only 17. I'm one of those who would only date someone because there is a chance of marrying them sometime in the future.

• It really makes a relationship a whole lot more meaningful, if you go into a relationship with the idea that this person could be the one

• What's she's thinking, what she thinks of me, how I can impress her and get her to notice me, what are the opportunities I have to get to meet her, what can I chat about when I meet her, trying to reason what makes her special to me, etc.

I hope that was more or less all of it. :)

6|0
    1|0
  • Crushes are painful. Basically it's a feeling of knowing you're going to be struggling for the next couple months.

10|1
    1|0
  • Does she know that I like her?
    Does she like me?
    Is she smiling at me or the wall?
    If she talks to me, I'll die. Like, explode.
    I should talk to her. Just kidding, way too risky.

13|5
    1|0
    • I guess girls and boys aren't that different after all. We think the same things :P

• AHAHAHA this was me in high school xD then I gave up...

• The last (and very important) part: I'm the guy, so I'm supposed to talk to her. If I don't do anything, nothing happens.

• the last time i had a crush , well , lemme make it simple , i did everything i could to see her daily. Once , i fell really sick and i didn't tell my parents about it bcz i wanted to keep on going to school just to see her. I swear i did everything i could just to see her daily. Long story short , we became friends (a bit more than friends) but then i stopped talking to her bcz i discovered that she was fake... The bitc* .

8|0
    1|0
    • forgot to add ,,, the james bond skills when i am spying lol. Filming movies inside my head where i am the hero and she is the person to be rescued LOL xD

• I just think about what it'd be like to be with my crush. Like, how awkward would it be watching a movie where a couple are making out hard. Or what it'd be like if we were together to our fourties and we don't get butterflies when we see each other anymore. I wonder what it would be like going from loving her like the most in the world, to loving her like a family member. Needless to say, I think about my crush too much

5|1
    2|0
  • I pray to god, go on crazy diets, make hard promises in exchange of a miracle, buy stupid stuff I don't need. Think about her every day, go to sleep fantasizing about her with full on settings and story lines, look up her pics and save the best ones.

7|0
    1|0
    • ahaha awesome! I've done this with 3 guys I've SUPER crushed on xD but not much happened from it... lol

• I'll notice what she looks like from day to day.
    Fantasize about how she's going to strike up a convo with me or ask me out.
    Fantasize about just hanging out with her/sex/our future together.
    Tell no one.

7|1
    1|0
  • My crush is all I ever think about when I am just sitting there thinking. I haven't stopped thinking of her for like 4 months.

9|2
    1|0
    • ASK HER OUT... come on man, do it. For your own sake

• Show All
    • Get involved in what she is doing or busy with and become part of her life. If you become more there and in her presence she will feel like you care and that you are invested and she will consider you more.

• Wow don't know why so many upvotes lol

• I'm currently crushing on a girl and this is how it goes on a daily basis: After I get ready in the morning, I look at myself in the mirror and think "I wonder if she likes my sense of style". While in class, I'm constantly thinking of her and what we've said to eachother in the past. Then I look at my phone and wonder if I should text her or not. I think to myself, "what if she doesn't reply?", "what if she's lost interest in me?" I end up texting her anyway. When I see that my phone has message from her, my stomach gets full of butterflies; I open the message and it reads:"I miss you :')". After that, I go on about my daily duties but now with that message in my head along with a lot of joy. When night comes, I think about her again and wonder if she also spent her day thinking about me. I fall asleep just picturing her adorable face. Once I wake up, the cycle starts all over. (Except for the texting, I don't text her on a daily basis, it'd probably get annoying).

10|0
    1|0
  • Does she likes me or not? This is always my question. Sometimes it seems like she does, sometimes it seems to be the complete opposite. This is getting really annoying. I don't know why I still have a crush on her, I really can't get over it.

5|1
    0|0
  • Guys Have two types of crushes.
    1- We think about only when we see them.
    2- We spend nights thinking about.

5|2
    1|0
    • can you elaborate more on that haha, I find that really interesting and never heard about that...

• Show All
    • Uhh.. Didn't expect to get such response.
      Well to elaborate.
      The Type 1- are the ones which are not the apple of the eye ( no hard feelings ) but they are nice. We don't really think about them much until we see them somewhere.

The Type 2 - are The ones we put our hearts out. I mean i have some crushes i would strip down for ( exaggeration but yea). We keep thinkin about them , talking to bro's about them. Crafting mind movies.
      Hope It helps :D
      Good day

• And by " uhh" i just wanted to say i was surprised not thing else. Heehe

• I'm pretty shy in general, so while I may think she's very pretty, I have a bad habit of not reacting to my crush or flirting whatsoever, and I'm tragic at taking hints. I just treat her like I would anyone else, and admire from afar. Such is life.

6|0
    1|0
  • if i should try?
    is she single?
    dose she like me?
    dose she think i am weird?
    am i looking at her too much?
    should i say something?
    will she say something?
    what will everyone think?

7|0
    1|0
  • apparently sometimes that's when your mind decides to take a vacation because all reasoning and logic of a hopeless situation is non existent because the mind is not there anymore... unless if the girl feels the same way then stupid brain decides to join the celebration

4|0
    1|0
  • I sit in class wondering what i should say to her, and how to keep it going. I think this is just me, but I tend to flirt with everyone except for my crush so she will notice me haha

7|2
    1|0
    • Really? Do some guys actually do this, cuz this guy I SUPER crushed on last year was in all my classes and he would talk to all the girls except me and everytime i tried to talk to him he'd like barely look at me and would try to end it quickly and other times he waz super happy to talk with me, SO annoying! I finally wrote him a letter (bad idea) saying i thought he waz interesting and would like to get to know him more and to hangout and he never answered me, now he ignores me even more -_- glad i moved on from that lol

• Yea I don't know I guess it's like me trying to impress her in some sort of way... almost how when me and my friends would show off in first grade when all the girls came by :P
      I would always be a little more awkward around my crush though if she ever tried to come talk to me. But, I don't know why he wouldn't answer your letter back

• I would imagine that men and women alike tend to deal with the same sort of things when dealing with a crush. You sit there and imagine yourself with that other person in romantic settings, and warm feelings towards that person ensues. I'm willing to bet that it is pretty much the same on both sides.

4|1
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• Based on the comments, it sounds a little like what I think about when I have a crush on a guy. Interesting though!

6|0
    1|0
  • Not all guys act out on crushes so I don't think it matters to wonder about it really

4|2
    1|1
    • Personally. I always do, even if the chance of her saying yes is limit as x goes to asking her out equals 0. You never know.

lol I love Calculus.

• Show All
    • That's what I did, for months. Imagining, fantasizing, oh how we would have sex, how I would lay my head in her lap, how we would go on picnics and long drives, how we would kiss, etc, barely having talked to her. For two months, this is all I pretty much thought about.

Now I pay the price (it still hurts to see her around in school and such). Serves me right for fantasizing too much.

Lesson learned.

• @r3d_anonymous
      Ya that's the problem, if you keep fantasizing and never actually talk to the person, you'll get delusional and feel like you know the person when in reality you don't!

Then when you actually do talk tothe person in RL they might not even know who you are

• Great question to ask, I was actually thinking about this question the other day. There are some good reponses on here. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • interesting to see the responses never thought guys felt the same things we do

2|3
    1|0
  • I think crushes for men are just new 'cookie' and after that (cookie done crumbled from being bashed in 50 times by him, he needs new cookie). Then the 'Doll on the Shelf' syndrome starts. That's what I've always called it personally. A man wants a doll to play with, have sex with, entertain him, clean for him, cook for him but once its all said and done he just wants to put you on a shelf, collect dust while he watches football, Nascar, Golf or what the hell ever, hang with buds a the 'Tilted Kilt' or 'Hooters' and then possibly... if you are lucky your poor dear... he may have worked himself up enough to have sex with you while he fantasizes about the waitresses that are the same age as his niece, daughter or step daughter... Lovely!!! Call me crazy but its all I've ever seen.

1|0
    3|8
    • i like it how a woman speaks instead of men ,,, about their opinions... its like asking a doctor about physics.

• Show All
    • That's not true they are more than just fapping material for me although I do love fapping to them lol.

• Did you notice how misinterpreted each response to my statement was? And the common denominator is that everyone is below the age of 25!!! Call me back girls, when you've reached intellect and puberty.

• Hahaha. The number of guys that have gave an opinion is 69! Har har har! 😂

0|2
    1|0
  • there's definatley a wide range of the definition of the word "crush" going on here

2|0
    1|0
    • I define it as "interested+". There are girls you're interested in, but this girl really pushes all your attraction buttons and you just want her really badly. Basically the girl you think is "of your dreams" without knowing anything about her, as opposed to simply, "She is cute."

Or well, the opposite for you, unless you're lesbian.

• men want sex and women want relationship. and they both lie about it and crush.

0|1
    3|4
  • crushes only last a while for me.. but i seem to have a friend i like for two years

0|0
    1|0
  • I think pretty important because your making them feel special

0|0
    1|0
  • I salute you!💁👏

0|0
    0|0
  • they are into there dream world

1|1
    1|0
  • I think it's the same as us girls :)

0|0
    1|0
  • interesting topic :)

0|0
    1|0
  • my friends guys at your age didn't care and they only care about boobs.

1|0
    2|5
  • ID love to see these answers awesome topic

2|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes