Would you date a girl more intelligent than you?

I consider myself to be rather open and opinionated person. Most of my friends are older than I am and I love people who can challenge my perspectives and make me see things under a different light. I don't understand ones who don't

I often find myself unintentionally maybe threatening "masculinity". I don't believe I express myself in a condescending manner, but I can hear their change in tone. Calm conversations turn into a competition.

I don't want to accept the idea that I might have to tone my personality down to be more "feminine". I want things to be natural. I am relatively happy with myself and don't want to change for others, but sometimes these things get to me.

What are your thoughts, guys? Girls, can you relate?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no problem with that, and I've met a few girls who were probably more intelligent than me (or at the very least, had mental abilities in areas where mine aren't nearly as strong), and a few of them were/would be attractive to me.

I have fairly high intelligence, but I'm not threatened by others who are intelligent, unless they are jerks about it. Otherwise, I just enjoy learning and being challenged.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• If she was smarter than me in aspects that i was proud of or am very passionate about, it would damage my pride and i certainly wouldn't want to date them. But if they were better than me at math, or something of that matter, i wouldn't really care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date a girl with superior intellect; however, that narrows my dating pool drastically. I'm not tooting my own horn, but I'm fairly intelligent. Depending on the issue, I may become hot headed and try to win at all costs. I understand what you're saying. Some guys are intimidated by smart, career oriented women, but not all guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would definitely date a girl more intelligent than me, but I don't think such a girl exists.

I kid! I kid!

Seriously though, yes I would date a girl more intelligent than me. There are some pretty gals at my work I like that I think are way more intelligent than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty hard to find a girl more intelligent than I am AND who is physically attractive. I went to an Ivy League level school and I'm earning 6 figures at my age. But if a girl who is like or better than me does exist, then I'm all for it. I'd actually be really excited to be with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • actually i would say i really want a girl who is like so matured and sincere than me ^.^ that infact gets to count in my terms as being intelligent and having good intellects :)
    so i would love to have a girl like that ^.^ a lady with class and a woman attitude and a girl with charm (mind) :*

0|0
    0|0
  • Good heavens, I hope so. I'm about as dumb as a sack of hammers.

0|0
    0|0
    • Kidding aside, I get bored easily with women who aren't intelligent and women who seem to be more intelligent than I am inspire my adoration and fascination, not my fear.

Don't change who you are to fit in. If you don't feel like your crowd accepts you how you are, you don't need to be a different person, you need different friends.

• I don't think this would work for her. I have no problem with it but most girls won't even be attracted to guys who are less intelligent. At least not for a serious relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with you! I'm more of the creative type, so I often find myself dating men that exceed me on the other side of the brain. They keep me grounded.

• Yes, intelligence is high on my priority in a partner.

I insist that women are smarter than men, so I am ready to learn about you for my own personal growth.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not hard to be smarter than me.
    So, I would. By no means am I 'intelligent'.
    I consider myself average, or just under.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being argumental does not mean you are intelligent.

0|0
    1|0
  • :O there's a girl more intelligent than me?

... see what i did there ;P

1|0
    0|0
  • I would. But I wouldn't like our conversations to become a competition.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she looked like you sure, just don't go about making me feel unintelligent.

0|1
    0|0
  • so what if she was more intelligent? that's a minor thing

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no problem with it. If anything, they'll be jealous of your intelligence.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a hard time believing that would bother that many guys. It certainly wouldn't bother me any

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it would be cool if she is smarter than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely would, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be everyone so obviously yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but she won't be more intelligent than me in certain areas. So I can still outwit her in many ways :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • How would we know? lol

0|0
    0|0
  • i would but I've never met one

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 2

• They say yes, but they don't really mean it.
    Most -if not all- are threatened by smart women.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would, if I dated anymore - ... I'd find her intriguing, I could learn things from her

lmao at men having their masculinity threatened. No, never change yourself or apologise for being yourself, not for anyone, certainly not for a man.

Man/woman relationships are so difficult; it's like a fucking battlefield you're constantly navigating. I gave up trying to straighten myself out; I thought if I was the way society wanted me to be... I'd be happy, but jesus christ, nothing is worth that constant labour. Exhausting

My heart goes out to heterosexual women, tbh.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes