The guy I like asked me if I was mad at him today, and I wasn't at all?

This guy is a mystery to me. I feel like he likes me, from body language and what I think is hint dropping (that he's attracted to me..) but on this I'm totally confused. He told me that I gave him a mean look and it made him think that he did or said something to upset me? I swore to him that I did not give him any look on purpose, and that he did nothing wrong. And then he asked me if I talk to this other guy that we work with, and I said "no not Really why?" And he said: "he asked me if I like you" and "it was just really weird to get asked that" WHAT THE HELL DOES ALL OF THIS MEAN? I can't tell if he's in love with me or he hates me!
I should add that yesterday I offered him a ride home whenever he might need one, and he took me up on it and asked if I could give him a ride home tonight since we both got off at the same time. Then, at work today, his ex girlfriend showed up and offered him a ride and he took it, then told me he didn't need one anymore. After that is when things got weird. But I didn't even know it was his ex, and plus I wasn't mad, just disappointed and a little hurt

01