What do you think, does he like me or not?

Him and I are best friends, but I like him, and I think the feeling is mutual but he's starting to confuse me. I just need another perspective.

- He's always calling me cute, beautiful, hot, sexy, gorgeous etc.
- He has said that every quality I have is what he looks for in a girl
- When he was dating his ex (they had serious probs), he'd say things like "can you please just put everything of you into her" and "god you're a better gf than her and we're not even together" and "tbh I like you a lot, like even more than *GFsName*"
- He said, over text, that theoretically if I were to ask him out he wouldn't hesitate to say yes

and a bunch of other things I can't even remember at the moment.

Also - when we first became friends, I DID kind of make a big stink about how a male friend of mine confessed feelings for me and it ruined the relationship because I didn't feel the same way. It's possible that if he DOES like me, he doesn't want to ruin things.

But my question is - is it possible for him to think all of these things without having any sort of romantic feelings towards me?

11