Guys how experienced would a girl have to be to be considered a "gamer" in your opinion?

I like video games. A lot. But some people say I'm a fake who doesn't even like video games. I honestly don't care what they think but I'm just wondering; where do you guys draw the line between a normal girl and a gamer? For example; how many games has she played? What kinds of games are they? Just wondering.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I guess you could say there's a difference between casual gamers and true gamers.

Casual gamers enjoy oldschool classics, puzzle games like bejeweled, and games with a kid-friendly art style, like Plants vs. Zombies.

Hardcore gamers play games that can occasionally cause adrenaline rushes, require research, or involves playing against others.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hardcore gamers don't take casual gamers seriously, and that's probably your situation.

Just tell them to STFU and to go back to playing pacman and flash games.

• No matter what you do, people will talk shit. You could be the President of the United States and all that would mean is more people will talk shit about you because more people know you exist.

Even if you're a brilliant and charismatic scientist like Neil Degrasse Tyson, people will still talk shit. Racists/Creationists and Climate Change deniers would be the groups dishing the dirt.

No matter what you do, haters will hate. So fuck them. Do what you like, wear what you like and label yourself a pro gamer just to piss them off.

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha you should be a motivational speaker

• Does she knows how does a computer works?
    Can she put a gaming console/ gaming PC together without consulting the instruction manual?
    Can she troubleshoot problems that eventually arises?

Those who knows the how-to are the TRUEBLOOD of a gamer.
    Those who don't are just the leechens that resides on skin of the great STEAM-whale

0|0
    0|1
  • Some people get really into it and don't consider relaxed gamers "real". I play games occasionally, but it's not a daily activity (these days). I'm also not ashamed that I played elder scrolls 5 on easy mode. but I play on a console (xbox), so that probably already disqualifies me from being a "real" gamer in some people's opinion. at the same time, I don't consider a smartphone gamer real, but some people probably would. everyone has their standards.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are just not that interest in technical stuff as guys. So if a girl personalizes somehow her console/pc and has several games you love is more than enough to consider her a gamer.

0|0
    0|0
  • What makes someone a gamer is based on what games they play

If all you play is Candy Crush Saga, you're a mom, not a gamer lol

0|0
    0|0
    • You're not a gamer to me unless you can beat me in a fighting game, or you've played Earthbound or Shenmue, or Silent Hill 2

• if a girl has some video-game system and pends at least a couple of hrs per day on it... she's a gamer in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she loves them with a passion and had at least one console I don't count playing games on the internet as a gamer lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you play games as a hobby you can call yourself a gamer if you wish. Don't worry about others

0|0
    0|0
  • -Sports (Online Sports, Madden, NHL, FIFA)
    -Violence (Call of Duty, Destiny, etc)
    -Popular Games (League of Legends)
    -Blizzard

Things that don't classify you as a gamer:
    -Fashion Games

1|0
    0|0
  • if she touches a controller she's a gamer

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 4

• People probably say your a "fake gamer" because of the title of your question. Your asking for validation from men. You don't need anyone to validate you being a gamer.

2|1
    0|0
    • I'm not asking for any validation, I'm just wondering what they see as gaming or not. I know I'm a gamer, but i just wonder what guys see as the fine line between gaming, because obviously some of them disagree with me.

• Who cares if they disagree with you?

• When her k/d ratio is good or When she buys stuff for her gaming system. Like a pink controller like the one I have and a gaming headset.. lol honestly most girls don't like video games so if you like playing video games then you are a gamer girl.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol fuckin wut

0|0
    1|0
  • You need to enjoy gaming to be a gamer.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes