Bf is taking steroids for the second time after an awful first time... what to do?

My boyfriend of 2 years started taking steroids again after a break of 6 months. During the time when he used to take them, our relationship went south, we were arguing all the time. He has bipolar symptoms, he has anxiety issues and steroids made his symptoms and mood swings worse. He was depressed, miserable, angry, anxious and verbally abusive all the time. He was not the same person at all, we talked about it and he eventually stopped taking steroids because of all the side effects which were impacting all aspects of his life negatively (he couldn't focus at school/work, his parents found out, he had mood swings all the time.. etc.).
After he stopped taking them, he took a break from the gym and started going less often until he stopped going at all.
About a week ago he told me that he was thinking about taking steroids again to motivate himself to go to the gym again but that he will be very careful this time as he educated himself a lot about it, I immediately told him that I don't support him in his decision because of all that happened the first time he took them. I don't want him to risk his health unnecessarily for very shallow purposes. He lost a lot of muscle mass and strength and he wants to get it back at any price, disregarding health risks and even his relationship with me and with his family. He said that he will think about it and he will let me know what he decides. About one hour ago, he told me that he just injected himself and that he is about to hit the gym. I confronted him and asked him why he didn't tell me about it? He just said that he didn't want to concern me last night when he got them.
I don't support his decision at all after all what we went through. I find it highly unattractive and shallow now. He is willing to risk his health and his relationships just to look good, that's very immature of him.

What do you guys think?

Thank you for your insights.

08

Most Helpful Guy

• Coming from a specops who trains and hits the gym.

A guy who does steroids gets nowhere, the only thing he will accomplish is being enraged and uncontrolled. If his nature without them is a problem i can't even imagine with steroids. Have you ever tried wondering why he has to take them in the first place? Is it to reach some sort of manhood of some kind? Is he not comfortable with the way he's physically built?

These questions tend to be some of the many reasons why men take steroids as well as to impress girls or even adquire dates, which is stupid.

Try to sit down and have a talk to hin about this make him feel comfortable and confident about himself without steroids. As for his anger or "bipolar" issues i suggest he go see a psychiatrist or take a hobby that'll focus on using his body's physical strenghts like swimming, rockclimbing, yoga, bodybuilding (without the roids), hammer throw, parkour, mma (trust me it works it takes a lot of rage of your system he should try it), boxing or kickboxing.

I do MMA mostly brazilian jujitsu, muay thai and capoeira and it gives energy helps me keep my physical stamina shape anfld form nice and built up and if it works for me itll work for him.

Trust me after this you'll never see him pick up a bottle of steroids ot a needle ever again.

Hope this helps.