Why do guys text you first and then out of the blue they just stop?

I was talking to this guy. He has been texting me less and less lately. He asked me what was up and i said im gonna cry. he asked why? and then i said because my parents are breaking up. He said he understood because his aren't together either. I know that because he told me that before. but after that i said yeahh i remember. then he never texted back. So like hour later i said goodnight. He never responded. Lately he has been doing this to me. he just stops texting me for no reason. Like i feel like i should just not text him first or just not text him for a day and see if he texts me again to see what wrong? Is this bad or a good/.//Thanks help is needed:) Do you think he is just not interested should i just forget him?
he just texted me Heyy.. should i not text him? thanks :) should i see if he texts me again?

11