Why would a guy go quiet when he saw you?

So this guy was a total ass to me he ROLLED HIS EYES at me in front of everyone!

Well to be fair I did do something worthy of that behaviour.

The next few times I've seen him I've been ice cold.

I recently saw him and he was walking with one of his friends, the moment he saw me he stopped talking altogether. I just walked off as though I hadn't noticed.

Does he feel bad? I always thought he liked me, if not romantically at least as a friend. I've noticed his eyes get all amused/big when he seems me, but to be fair he's got nice eyes. I may just be looking so deep into them that I think that. Plus he uses my name a lot although he forgets my last name which is well not good
Did he feel bad?

I noticed he's got a bit of a soft spot for me. I once had to be in a group project and had no one to go with, so he raised his hand to take me in a group. That was nice I guess
I don't really think he likes me, he may have just felt guilt... should I talk to him?

11