Signs that you want to break friendship with a girl?

How would you act if you want to finish your friendship with a girl if she is one of your closest friends?

512

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is that women really think they have 'close friends" with straight guys. while there are always exceptions to every rule, 99.99999% of the time a guy stays "friends" with a woman because he wants the opportunity to have sex with her. maybe, for whatever reason, the time is not right. he has a girlfriend, she has a boyfriend, she just doesn't look at him that way yet. we stay on her radar hoping that something like a breakup happens and we are there with a sholder to cry on and hope that leads to a relationship or just sex. once we get to the point of understanding either 1) she just isn't going to ever get there with me or 2) we are no longer interested in her sexually, we have no reason to stay "friends" because we were never truly friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had to "break up" with a female friend before when I realized the friendship was toxic and unhealthy for me. Friendships, like any relationship, need to be built on a solid foundation of respect and love. It can be hard to let go of someone that you love (d) and care (d) about, but people change over time, relationships change, and sometimes a friendship that used to be good and healthy become destructive and unhealthy and you have no real choice but to let them go.

The girl I had to stop being friends with had some serious personal issues that began to cause problems as we became closer. She became competitive with me, judgmental towards me, and increasingly demanding of my time, attention and affection. She would start fights with me pretty much every time she was drinking, and would get mad at me over really stupid shit regularly. She would be condescending towards me and act self-righteous about it any time I went drinking and she didn't, but then turn around and go out drinking like the very next weekend, seemingly forgetting about telling me how immature I am for liking to go out drinking. She stated trying to get between me and my friends, whom I had been friends with before I met her and who she had since become friend with. Any time I tried to talk to guys, she'd come over and try to steal their attention. The last straw was when I told her I was in love with my best guy friend, asking her advice, and she then began to flirt with him at every opportunity, secured his attention, and started seeing him. I forced myself to get over it since they were both close friends of mine. They broke up about a month later and a month or so after that I told her my feelings were still there and I wanted to tell him. She told me she was OK with this and even encouraged me to. We all went camping the next weekend and she flirted with him in front of me the whole time. At one point she looked directly at me as I walked over to them and grabbed his face and kissed him.