Guys, why do you prefer tall girls over short girls?

Is it because they are more appealing? Or do short girls turn you off?

I have heard guys saying like ''Oh that girl has AMAZING long legs!'' or ''Her legs are so sexy!'' obviously referring to a tall girl, and since I don't exactly fall into the tall category, I sometimes get really insecure about my height.

So is there any guy who actually likes short girls?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys prefer tall, some prefer short. Most guys i know who are tall, their preference is relatively mild, i. e. its not a major thing they use in deciding what women they find attractive.

From my observation, short tends to be more popular in north america, and tall in Europe , but there are guys who like each in each place.

Generally guys like tall women's long legs.
    Generally guys like how shorter women are petite, as that's feminine.

Many guys like both of these things, and will focus on the positive of whichever woman they are with.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, tall girls are "elegant" and short girls are "cute". It just depends on preference

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Well this is a first.

You know more guys go for shorter girls right?

3|0
    0|1
  • Most of the time the shorter ones catch my attention.
    It's somewhat rare for me to really find a tall girl appealing.

0|0
    2|1
    • That's new !!

• Well... being down voted for for saying something like that is old and nonsense! lol
      I guess I have haters.
      It's truth tou, my ex is 5'1 and I'm 6'0.
      I had a few relationships and only one girl reached the 5'7 mark.

• Where's that angry tall girl when we need her? You know the one I mean.

I don't like short girls. I LOVE 'EM. I saw one on Tinder today, 4'11! I was like GIMMIE!!!

3|0
    0|0
  • We don't care about height as much as women care about it. We find attractiveness in both taller and shorter women.

Even shorter women can have sexy legs.

2|0
    0|1
  • I prefer girls that smile at me, length is harly an argument :-)

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I don't feel like I'm dating a child, they just more woman-like and they have sexy legs.

1|1
    0|1
  • I am not too fussed really long as she is not like super tall I am pretty happy : )

0|0
    0|1
  • There are plenty of guys who prefer shorter women, such as myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh, guys actually prefer shorter women in general. Look up any study on the subject.

0|0
    0|0
    • They prefer women shorter than themselves.

• Show All
    • In this case it often leaves taller women like myself standing on the sidelines since all the available shorter guys think that we don't want them. So we go after the really tall guys based on the idea that guys prefer a girl shorter than him.

• Lol I know I'm a pretty masculine dude, so I'm fine with going out with tall girls (don't feel emasculated). I really don't understand the fascination with short girls or tall guys.

• Because Im a tall guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems better with long legs

1|1
    0|1
  • I like both short and tall girls!

1|0
    0|1
  • I like both honestly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all guys! I'm 6'5" I love short girls..

0|0
    0|0
    • Everyone is short to you.. You're like a mountain

• Show All
    • @Anonymous... wow you're Tall !

• Yes!!! And that tends to be a problem for me. I don't know if it's because I'm intimidating. I don't know...

• Most guys don't care about height but if anything guys tend to like short girls more

1|0
    1|1
  • Tall girls can turn heads like no one else. They look both hot and classy at the same time. They have the best legs (sorry), they look better in dresses and they can give you tall kids. They are just more charismatic.
    Having said that, guys in general don't care about height all that much. If you're short, you have more guys to choose from. Also, you can be pretty without having long legs or being tall. Embrace what you've got.

2|1
    0|1
  • In generally guys actually prefer shorter girls to taller ones. I know I do.

Long legs are in relation to her body size and don't necessarily mean a tall woman.

4|0
    0|2

What Girls Said 5

• They do have amazing long legs. You don't have to be a guy to see it too.

1|2
    0|0
    • I see it too and that's why I asked if there is any guy who likes short girls.

• As a tall girl myself I can pretty safely say that it's the other way around most of the time.

2|0
    0|1
  • Judging from my experience, height is most of the times not an issue for dating!

0|0
    0|0
  • Speaking for the several guy friends I have, each has their own preference. being a taller girl I can easily say that I'd much rather be short than tall, so if I were you I wouldn't be insecure. Think of it like this-what's weirder? The girl having to get on a tiptoe to kiss a guy, or the GUY having to get on a tiptoe to kiss the girl? Also smaller people can hide easier. It seems like everyone's staring at me nowadays.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's so weird you want to be short :D (in a good way). And yes you're right small people can hide easier :PP

• Haha thanks! I find it weird that you want to be tall 0. o but just don't worry because every guy has a different opinion and I know for a fact that some love shorter girls!

• Huh, I thought it was the other way around.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes