Is this an obsession, or something else?

It's a really long story, and I don't really want to get into the detail of it because it's just going to make me even more depressed. It's a serious issue and it's been having a bad effect on my sleeping pattern.

In short, I liked this girl once, for a few years, and then I finally decided I should move on from her, and so I cut ALL ties with her.

In hindsight I know it was a very dramatic and somewhat harsh thing to do, but at the time I knew it had to be done. I was struggling.

I saw her last summer, and tried to avoid her as much as I could, but avoiding her just made me think about her even more. We bumped into each other a few times, but we didn't speak.

At this party, at the moment she and her cousin decided to leave, I was taking money out the ATM and she asked the rest of the group "I'm waiting for (my name), I'll catch up".

I really, really liked her. I cared about her. I was so nervous around her, and I loved it when she gave me attention (which was very often).

Is this an obsession? Or am I just experiencing something else?

20