What would you do if you were me? (Dont read if you dont like depressive shit)?

Thought id post this non Anon because fuck it.

Many of you already know this about me, But some dont, But as i grew up as a child, I was very fat (Just last September i weighed 260lb at the age of 16), Now in February , I weigh 195lb but am still disgusted at my Figure, It makes me genuinly sick when i walk past a reflection of me or something and know other people see me like that.

I recently did one of those ''How do i look'' things, And facially im a 5, So clearly physically im fucked and every fucker under the sun knows that looks ARE everything whether you want to believe it or not, it is true. So thats me doomed to be a lonely fucker.

Speaking of loney, I got no friends, no family to rely on, Well, Thats not true, I do have a Mum and Dad but my Dad is always working / when not working at home drinking and we dont really talk much, and my Mum is basically on Life support in the hospital and has been for a long time.

Also i have a Job i fucking hate with a passion, I make like 20k a year which is dogshit (Fair enough im only an apprentice) but i give about 50% of it to my dad because his company went bust and he has debts.

So if you were in my shoes, What would you do?

This may sound fucked up, And probably is, But i spent just about every minute of my life thinking of ways i can kill myself and such, And the only thing that is stopping me from doing it right now is the fear of that my Dad might also do it if i do it because he won't have anyone left then either, And it would be fucking awful of me to put my mum through that aswel in her condition.

So what would you do if you were me, And you were so desperate to just end it but you felt like you were restraint from doing that?

All and any advice welcomed.

35

Most Helpful Girl

• What would I do if I were you?
    Well, first of all I'd realise that facially being a 5 isn't actually bad. I mean, it's average which means that, on average, most people will probably be around the five mark. Naturally stunning people and extremely unattractive people are actually less common in day to day settings.
    Also, if I was unhappy with my weight then I'd try my best to lose it - I'd change my eating habits to healthy ones for good and begin an exercise regime.
    I would finish my apprenticeship so I could earn more money and support my father more comfortably.
    You know, I sometimes contemplate ending it all too but then I think of all the people I'm going to hurt if I do :( as long as I still have something good to offer this world and have not ruined someone else's life then I guess I'm here to stay.

• Thats it though, I have nothing good to offer this world. Im just another Mediocre - Unnatractive individual who spends his entire life doing shit he hates just so he can support others and has noone to give a crap about him in the progress.

Lets say i did commit suicide, Who would i hurt? 2 People, My parents, Thats it. I seriously, truly believe they are the only people who would actually be sadenned if i died.

Whats the point of life alone? The is none.

• Listen, I know where you are coming from because I do feel the same way about my own existence at times. I mean, sure if I died my family would be sad but I'd soon be forgotten just like the millions of other people who once lived on this earth. I also believe that there is no real meaning to life.
      However! hat does not mean that you ccan't give your own life a meaning. I mean, surely you have your own aspirations? nd dude, yyou're only 16, and have so much time ahead of you to do positive things! Even simply volunteering at soup kitchens or donating to charity are deeds that could make someone's life so much better.

• Update: Omg I saw your pic and you're not unattractive at all!

Most Helpful Guy

• Things will change. Things -are- changing. You lost 65 lbs, damn.

You think having a '5' face is a big problem for guys? Nah. Plenty of girls don't even -like- guys who look too 'pretty'.

I'm really sorry about your mother.

Would your father not be better off declaring bankruptcy? Or is he not in that poor a situation?

You're making what I made... when I was 24, roughly doing a pounds/dollars conversion. That's excellent for your age, really is.

You sound like a young man who's had a tough time, is growing up very fast and your'e blind to how much you're accomplishing.

• Nothing is changing, I lost 65lb yes, People still ignore me / dont give a shit. Nothing changes.
      Sure i can loose weight, That dosent make me any more attractive though, People still consider me to be ugly no matter how much fat i have on my body.

He did declare bankruptcy, If i didn't give him the money i do we would loose our home, We are trying to sell it to get the Equity out of it (Around £300,000), But noone in this current economy is willing to hand over £600,000 for a home.

There is nothing excellent about making 10,000 a year, I would actually get more money if i didn't work and was living on the government, I only dont want to do that as i dont want to be a burden on the system.

As for that last bit, I have accomplished nothing, Things are getting worse not better :/. I tried loosing weight to make me more attractive so i could get people to rely on, But i have an ugly face so its pointless even bothering -_-.

• If you look at that girl, She has a nice face throughout the entire thing. I began with a a fucked face.

5 is not Average, 5 is bad', 5 is the face that you dont pay attention to becuse its not an 8 or 9. on the poll, about 60% of people but 5, About 25% but 1-4 and only a couple people put higher than 5. Those are probably the people who were just putting that so they didn't hurt my feelings or some crap like that.

As you said, Im 3/4 the way to my goal, And still i look just as ugly as i did when i began, Why should i even bother loosing another 30lb just to get the same nasty looks from people?

And honestly dude, If my life is considered 'Pretty damn well'' for my age, Then how come im probably the most lonely / depressed person i know? Surely if other people are worse then me they shouldn't be like this.

• Because whether people are depressed or not, statistically, has very little to do with their life situation, and more to do with how they see things and view the world.

otherwise everyone in war torn countries would be depressed, and almost nobody in the west would be.

even the poor now live lives of luxury the average person 200 years ago couldnt' have imagined.

You don't have to feel that way. It's possible to change your thoughts, if you want to.